• Last visited

• Days Won

Donna West last won the day on June 1 2013

Donna West had the most liked content!

20 Excellent

About Donna West

Profile Information

• Interests
    Too many to list,but close to the top would be dogs & dollhouses!

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Donna
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

487 profile views
  1. While Sam,you know how we crazy dollhouse people "see" things normal grown-ups don't.There is so many things in this house,others would have thrown away!
  2. Donna West

side view

Thank you Sam! I love your adorable blog!
  3. Donna West

side view

True! My Grandparents grew up in Florida before coming to Texas,and always loved glass blocks (these are ice blocks for those little Christmas villages).
  4. Donna West

Front door

I just used the stained glass paints you can get at any craft store.I drew my pattern,then put the clear plastic over it.I did the black lines first then filled in the colors.
  5. I really had to "think outside the box" because there isn't that much available.Thank you so much for your compliments!
  6. They do curve,but I could not have done it,except on ebay a guy sells individual steps.He wasn't pleased with the stairs that are in most kits,so they sell these and you can make them fit any house.I played with them until I got the right curve.This house was a real learning experience!
  7. Donna West

Deck

It is a old piece of linoleum from the 50's! The deck furniture are really from the 1920's.
  8. Donna West

Bedroom & bath

It was just a cheapo piece,but I added Deco earrings on each side.The vanity chair is one of those old plastic "stools" they used to put in the middle of pizzas.I used another earring for the chair back.
  9. Donna West

Art Deco

Thank you SO MUCH! It is different then anything I've done before.I LOVE recycling!
  10. Alexander,I just checked out your house,and it IS EXQUISITIE for sure!
  11. Wow THANK Y'ALL! I'm always hesitant to show my amateurish efforts....
  12. Donna West

Art Deco from a broken table :) !

Always wanted to try a Art Deco in old Hollywood style,so finding this broken thrown away table got my little "wheels" and imagination turning!
  13. Donna West

000_7107.jpg

I'm excited there are so many Texans on here! Angela,I checked out your youtube WOW your work is so realistic!
  14. Donna West

000_7210.jpg

Pat,if I'd been able to keep it,I was going to set it in the 1950's(when I was little)...but since I was to part with it,I'm letting this furniture go with it.
  15. Donna West

000_7107.jpg

Y'all have really made my day! Been pretty down,but hearing from "Mini" friends really helps.My "stones" are just old egg cartons,so they don't add much weight.Lack of $$$ makes you clever about recycling!