• Last visited

0 Neutral

About bvarvaris

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Bill
  • Country
    Canada
  1. Hey great work on the Garfield! I'm in the process of building it myself. I have the hardwood on, the ceramic on and the carpet. I have just started sanding the pieces for the windows...and man are they ugly!!! I remember when I bought the kit 3 years ago or so for my daughter (she's very patient), I did not purchase the set of functioning windows and doors that came separately. I contacted Greenleaf last year and was told that the manufacturer was no longer making them. Does anyone out there know how I can get my hands on some of these windows and doors...would appreciate any advice. I have gone on some other sites and they are never the same size as the windows that i need. I cant cut the tower openings to refit different sized windows. Cheers
  2. Hello all, I just started building the Garfield for my daughter. This is my first miniature project (yes I know I picked an ambitious house to start off but I am very good with my hands and somewhat of a weekend carpenter). I am trying to find working windows and doors for the Garfield but I have been having a great deal of difficulty finding ones that fit on the web. Any advice? Should I just use what was supplied? I really don't want to go that route. When I first bought the house 2 years ago Greenleaf was selling working windows for the Garfield. I recently contacted Greenleaf and was informed that the company that used to make the windows is no longer in business. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on such a set? I have dry mounted the house and it looks very good, all the wallpaper has been chosen and will be applied once the house comes down. In terms of glue, what is recommended, hot glue or wood glue? I used wood glue for the foundation and hot glue for the stairs. Nothing else has been glued yet. Wiring: I've purchased a round wire kit, but am wondering if it's easier to go with tape? Any advice would really be appreciated. Cheers
  3. Hi there, Sorry to be bothering you, but like you it's taken me some time to start the project, and now that I have I seem to have regretted not buying those working windows that I had an option to purchase several years ago from Greenleaf for the Garfield (they are no longer available). I have been trying to find alternative windows without much success. Your house looks great, and you mention that you have working windows. Can I asked where you found your windows and your doors, including the front door? Did you use tape wire or round wire? as well, the windows I find are 1/2 in thickness, are they too big for 1/8 thick walls? I'm building the house in Tokyo which is proving to be a challenge. I've promised my daughter to have it built by christmas! Cheers, Bill