• Real Name
    Mara
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

2,517 profile views
  1. tuffy

barn 003.jpg

Wow...that looks like a 1980's Breyer Horse barn!!! I had one when I was little! http://www.popscreen.com/p/MTYwMDkyODI5/Breyer5StallHorseBarnStablewCorralandGateforTraditional
  2. tuffy

07-

Wow, did you paint that?
  3. tuffy

moon glow

what did you use to create your windows? I really like the looks of your windows...
  4. Do you make these? If so, what type of tools are you using to create these?
  5. tuffy

main door inside

Is the panel real stained glass windows or painted?
  6. can you tell me what company made it?
  7. That's neat!! Awesome find!!! Thanks for posting a bigger picture! :thumb:
  8. Can you post a bigger picture of it? Can barely see it.... thanks!
  9. I love the interior - awesome job!
  10. tuffy

Before the roof

Wow - that looks good. Nice job!
  11. I haven't been able to find any. You can always try to google it and do images. Sometimes you find what other people have done by doing that.
  12. I am working on the Westville DH. I decided to go with another door besides what came in the kit.
  13. I tried to submit this in the Tutorial section but it wasn't very user friendly. So I will try my hand here. This a tutorial for mitering corners around doorways and windows. The old adage: Measure twice; cut once. The following lengths are for each section of the moulding that will fit around a door way. Length of the right and left pieces: 7 11/16 Length of the top piece: 3 7/16 Mark the sections to be cut. Make your cuts on the outside of the mark you made. By doing this, this avoids accidently cutting the pieces too short. You can always sand/file down the edge to the correct length After you are done cutting, verify that each piece are to the correct length. Now that all the cuts have been made, mitered corners can be tricky. Here's one way to explain it in a "mathematical" way. Imagine a box: Each corner is a 90 degree angle: Draw a line from one corner to the other, cutting the square in half. Each angle has been cut in half, making a 45 degree angle. Combining them again, creates a 90 degree angle. Now let's take this same concept and apply it making 45 degree mitered cuts. Below represents two pieces of moulding to be cut. The shaded corners represents the cuts that are to be made: After making the 45 degree mitered cuts, combining the two sections will now create a 90 degree angle: Using this concept for the real thing: I marked my lengths accordingly: Cutting my lengths: Marking the corners to be mitered: After the cutting the corners: Perfect 90 degree angles/mitered corners: The doorway before the moulding: The final product: the doorway with the moulding and mitered corners: I put the kitchen cabinets in to give the door a little perspective: I hope this tutorial helps with mitering corners.
  14. tuffy

Right side

Do you have any pictures of the insides? I would love to seem them!
  15. tuffy

Right side

I really love how you did your Westville!!! I've been looking up how others did the Westville and yours by far is the most unique that I have seen. Absolutely beautiful!!!