One
  • Real Name
    Mara
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

2,525 profile views

About Me

I was born and raised in Pasadena, MD. I lived there for 18 years before moving to Titusville, PA. Both my folks had worked for the Navy. My dad was a chem. engineer and my mom was head of the security dept. The government decided to down size some of the naval bases and the Annapolis base was one of the ones that was closing. The base was located across the river from the Naval Academy. I had gone to the Naval Academy Primary school for my first 5 years and then went to St. Jane Francis for my junior high years, then it was off to Archbishop Spalding HS. I graduated 1997 and that is when we moved here (in PA) when the base was closing. I've lived in PA for almost 13 years now.

I had gotten into doll houses when I was kid. My uncle had bought me a doll house for Christmas (already built). I had no idea what the name of the house was nor who made it. I also didn't realize how big the doll house miniature world was.

When my folks and I moved, in my "new" room, it was too small, compared to my old room, to house my doll house. Much to my chagrin, I threw out my doll house. That was the worse mistake I ever made. And I have regretted it ever since. I have been looking for it ever since. It was until I came to this forum that I finally learned the name of my doll house and who made. My doll house was the Rutherford by Artply.

I am currently working the Westville dh. Eventually, I will be posting some pictures of it. I have some ideas for my doll house and can't wait for those ideas to see fruition.