Made by Barbara

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Made by Barbara

1. Thanks Holly!!! She'd definitely be worth it!!! I would love to make her all kinds of clothes and other accessories!!! I think she needs some goodies to put on the shelf too! One of these days I will get to it! Ryanne may have more Aprils if you are interested, let me know and I can give you her contact info. She is such a sweetie, one of my favorites!!! Thanks again!!! Hugs, Barbara
  2. Mary, I know exactly what you mean!!! I put off working on my Ivy Rose Cottage for years because I couldn't find the perfect wallpaper. Fortunately shortly after joining here I found a link to THAT perfect paper!!! I still am taking forever to do other things because I want it to be PERFECT!!! I have several other projects that aren't finished either because I am waiting on one thing or another, sometimes it is just ME to make up my mind! I have one 1/4 scale, one 1/2 scale and a 1 inch scale still in the box. I also have a display case and wallhung storefront that need finishing. All waiting for me to figure out that perfect look for them! I feel like I am crazy sometimes because I can't make up my mind what to do with them. So many say their houses talk to them, well mine better yell because I think I must be hard of hearing!!!! Let me know if you find out what the secret is to making up our minds and sticking to it! I would love to get mine finished!!!
  3. Thank you Holly! Here is the baby! She is April, a resin baby made by Ryanne Hawkinson. She did a wonderful job on her!!! She has painted hair and a poseable cloth body. She has such cute legs and feet that I hate to cover them up!!! Here she is snuggled under the quilt in another bassinet I made. Here is a side view of this one. I made a couple of slight changes in this one, the main difference is the beads. I am thinking about doing the same fabric with blue background for the bumper pad on this one.
  4. Thanks Holly! I made the trim using the same decorative toothpicks as the top of the porch trim and bits of wood. I was trying to duplicate one I saw on a RL house. I still need to make the ones for the end gables. :thumb:
  5. Sherry, I am wondering if it would be worth getting and trying the projects with smaller thread and needles/hooks for the half scale? What kinds of things are in it? The listing doesn't say.
  6. I LOVE to make things!!! Even though I have great bifocals I am finding I am doing nearly everything under a lighted magnifying glass these days, even my handsewing! Kind of worries me a little because I plan on doing minis for a Looooooooong time yet!!! LOL I would like to be able to collect things I can't make but would like to TRY to make everything at least once. :lol: I spend all my spare money on supplies so there isn't any available for collecting. Maybe someday!!!
  7. Nice guy!!! Looks like you will be able to brick until your heart's content now!!!
  8. Thanks Alyce, Dawn and Teresa!!! Teresa, the roof and peaks is the plastic "metal ceiling" sheets. I painted the roof with a silver pearl. There is a RL house I love that has a patterned metal roof that is silver, it was my inspiration!!! It had all this gorgeous gingerbread trim in it's peaks and on the porch. About a year ago a huge tree fell on the front peak and completely destroyed the porch. I cried when I saw it! That house was so loaded with charm!!! No it just looks lost and unloved!!!
  9. Good thinking! Looks like it is working out great!
  10. I made resin bull's eyes for the peaks on the exterior window and door trim today!!! :lol: Thanks to my son pointing out the difference in his new BBgun pellets, I now have a half scale bull's eye mold. They worked perfectly!!! I also got the rest of the corner brackets added to the porch this morning. Still need to make a new front door sometime so I can glue the door frame in, but it is getting there a little at a time!
  11. This is my RGT 1/2" scale Farmhouse still in progress that I am kitbashing.
  12. Anyone interested, our club has it's first meeting of the new year this coming Saturday, Feb. 6, 2010. We meet at 12:30 for social time, short meeting to start at 1, followed by crafing till 4:00 in Sylvania, Ohio at the carriage house behind the museum. For more information go to www.toledominis.org or pm me. Hope you can come join us if you are in the area!!! Hugs, Barbara
  13. The one I have been using to remove super glue is non acetone. I think either would work though.
  14. Hi Dawn, I haven't done a man yet but found this tutorial, http://msatminidolls.minilists.com/erek.htm It might be of some help if no one else knows how.
  15. Sounds like an interesting and entertaining bunch you have there Daphne!
  16. Thank you Mary and Traci!!! Yes, it is faux wicker! It is made with wood, wire, cording and beads, and a whole lot of spray paint.
  17. This is a bassinet I made for a 7" baby using the dollhouse miniature faux wicker technique. I finished up the quilt for it this morning.
  18. Nail polish remover comes both with acetone and non acetone, just have to read the label. Works great on getting superglue off fingers!!! I keep a bottle handy when using it. Also got the glue off the scissors that glued shut! LOL