pats had the most liked content!

81 Excellent

About pats

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://www.weavecat.blogspot.com

Profile Information

• Interests
    Weaving, spinning, knitting, decorative painting, and guess what...dollhouses!

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    pat
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

2,014 profile views
  1. Yes Holly, God gave me a big Christmas present!
  2. This is the BH found on Facebook. What a Christmas present!
  3. You were right Carrie and I am so happy, because today I found a Beacon Hill in beautiful condition on Facebook. It was just 45 minutes away and priced very reasonably. When I get someone to help me get it in from the car I’ll try and post a picture if I can remember how.
  4. You made a great point when you said you wish you knew more about the history of your aunt’s house. Maybe we should all include a note somewhere on our well loved houses, telling their story.
  5. I thought about asking Earth and Tree, not sure if they’ll do a die-cut house. I’ve been watching those sites like a hawk. There is a nice one in New Jersey, but I can’t manage that drive any more. 😁 We have a place in New Bedford called Flip This Dollhouse and they said they will let me know if they get one in.
  6. Holly answered for me! Thank you. I would include New York but driving there is mind bending.
  7. Does anyone who lives in any of the 6 New England states have an assembled Beacon Hill they would like to sell? Fingers crossed.
  8. I think it’s a Walmer house either a Cranberry Cove or Plum Pudding, with an addition.
  9. pats

Back

Thank you Holly. Had a bit of a time getting logged in because of my long absence, but the admin got me straightened out, and now I can try to upload some pictures. I’m out of practice.
  10. pats

Back

It’s been a very long time since I checked in here. The last few years have bee spent doing other things and I really thought miniatures were in my rear view mirror. Well, there was a very cute house on Facebook Marketplace and you know the rest. It’s a Magnolia Cottage, very good exterior, but the inside needs some sprucing up. I’m going to try and start a new album with the progress. It’s nice to be among friends again!
  11. Thanks for remembering me Karen. Thought I was over miniatures, WRONG! and thanks Jenn and Emily for your suggestions. I think the one on Craigslist is missing parts and is painted one color on the inside. It’s not calling out to me. I will keep looking. Have a Merry Christmas!
  12. Is there anyone who lives within 50 miles of Boston MA who would be willing to build a Beacon Hill kit for me? Member name: pats Thanks.
  13. What a great idea. After all the miserable winter weather around here, I'd like to get in there and catch some rays!!
  14. I love your lighthouse, another addition to a collection of beautiful work!
  15. I've been working on my first kit from this kind of wood and I agree that it takes getting used to. The things I learned are to handle it very gently to avoid splinters and breaking the pieces. Take time to sand as much as possible and prime everything to be painted, following up with at least 2 coats of paint. I used spray paint on trim pieces to speed things up a bit. I do think these kits are worth the time and effort because when they're done, they look much more appealing than boxy type houses made of heavier wood. They are also more affordable and easier to move around.