kitty_x_2

Gold Member
  • Last visited

4 Neutral

About kitty_x_2

Profile Information

• Interests
    dollhouses & miniatures<br />vintage dolls<br />travel<br />baking<br />computers

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Crystal
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,054 profile views
  1. Two great dollhouse kits for sale--I have a Beacon Hill kit new & unopened (purchased from miniatures.com about a year ago) and a Granville (Artply kit, don't believe it's ever been opened--I purchased on ebay some time ago). I have got to downsize, out of space! Must pick them up (I'm in Richmond, VA) PM if interested.
  2. kitty_x_2

IMG_2389.jpg

Just adorable, inside & out! Christmas cottages are great anytime of year! Crystal
  3. Aww Luna reminds me of my Sunflower (except Sunny is a ragdoll with similar seal point coloring). Yep, know that mischievous look too! Crystal
  4. kitty_x_2

My Little Stray

OMG he is adorable. You are so wonderful to have saved him from the elements & taken him to the vet. Someone's going to have a little sweetheart in their home. Crystal
  5. Ooh this site looks pretty awesome. Thanks! Crystal
  6. Wonderful little Arthur, love the colors! The 1:12 scale Brodnax prints do work great in it too. That's the neat thing about dollhouse wallpapers, some work across multiple scales. Can't wait to see your Diana too! Crystal
  7. Yes, that does include customers in the U.S. I've purchased from the Dolls House Emporium before & received the free shipping promotion. And for international shipping their items do arrive quickly. Crystal
  8. For me the big negative of MDF is the weight. I have a Victoria's Farmhouse made from MDF and I can't lift it! Compare that to my Beacon Hill or my Harrison, both equally large or larger houses but I can lift them to move around easily. If I add any more RGT houses to my dollhouse town, they'll definitely be one of the milled plywood models. Crystal
  9. Have any pictures been posted? I for one would like to see Roy's entry (didn't see it posted in the gallery--if it is, can someone post a link?) Crystal
  10. Yes, it does have siding on it. But it's blue, so I'm looking at some exterior color choices that are more autumny. Crystal
  11. I just acquired an assembled Beacon Hill (painted & shingled on exterior but interior unfinished). I've had a Beacon Hill kit for a while but since I'm still such a newbie when it comes to building, I was too chicken to ever open it, knowing it might take years to actually finish. Commissioning a build didn't seem to be in the cards either. And then this assembled one came along this week. I've always wanted to have a Beacon Hill done in autumn colors on the exterior & interior. I've got my work cut out for me. I need to learn how to tapewire a house, because the BH is so grand it just has to have lights. I just ordered some wallpapers, so I could at least have them around as inspiration as I learn how to first electrify the house before finishing the inside. I think I'll be referencing the forum here often on this effort. Seems like lots of folks have been posting lately that they are working on a BH . Just had to share my good news, I'm pretty excited about it! Crystal
  12. Mary I'm so sorry :-(. My heart goes out to you & your family, you're in my prayers. Crystal
  13. Hehe love this photo. Beautiful kitchen & beautiful kitty! Crystal
  14. I'm wondering how easy these are to assemble, having never purchased a Houseworks kit before from miniatures.com. I'm considering their little shops. Thanks, :thumb: Crystal
  15. Yep Holly I feel your pain. My theory is it's the time involved building the larger Greenleaf models that prevents the HL stores from having more Greenleafs on display/for sale. Of course, that said, given that they have the Orchid kit & a display sample, why not offer the Buttercup, the Arthur, the Storybook Cottage, etc.? Richmond has a couple of places devoted strictly to dollhouses & miniatures (I finally went to Bell's--neat little shop), but they again carry all the Real Good Toys versions & have several of those on display. I enjoy my Real Good Toys houses, I do, my only gripe is that those made of MDF are just too heavy for me to maneuver, which I've had to do a few times to make room for my growing miniature "town". :-) Tracy, the only reason I had anything to spend was b/c my car service was free on Saturday morning hehehe. They had a lamp section in the store and I wish I had had more $$ to pick up some lamps for rooms around my house. I haven't been to an AC Moore in a couple of years, there was one in Fredericksburg, I wonder if it's still there. Do they still carry miniatures? They did the last time I visited it, but F'burg is 45 minutes away for me and a lot of traffic in that area. Crystal