Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Susan
  • Country
    Canada
  1. I have not been crafting for ages but dying too since autumn started. My first build is a laffette which I got built to point on needing windows and all trim. But the house has never spoke to me on how to go forward. So 4 years later I feel like I know what I want to do. Wow poor house sat stored. I did not pick the house kit my brother gave it to me and maybe that is why it did not speak
  2. Great find I love this house don't ask how far I got my hubby to drive to get mine from a Kiiji post. The lady had let her young toddler play with it so some things got broke and lost but I have it to repair. I think I have the book but not sure where at the moment so will try to look for it maybe I can help you look up stuff.
  3. Great find I love this house don't ask how far I got my hubby to drive to get mine from a Kiiji post. The lady had let her young toddler play with it so some things got broke and lost but I have it to repair. I think I have the book but not sure where at the moment so will try to look for it maybe I can help you look up stuff.
  4. Hi have a copy of the book that came with the Franklin mint Dollhouse Heartland Hollow. It has been used but still a good reference for anyone that collects or would like this house.
  5. For a gift I am making for a friend I would like to be able to create some perfume bottles that are the shape and colour of Chanel 5. I looked in ebay and can only find a finished ones that are expensive. The beads that I was looking at have a distortion for threading. I do not want that. Is there some type of product I can use and cut to small pieces then add a lid. Here is a link to an auction that has the shape and colour. If you have suggestions for a way I could do this with a different material or a place I could buy some bottle wholesale that would be great. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Miniature-Semi-circle-Perfume-shelf-set-GM27-/130650152375?pt=US_Dolls_Bears_Toys&hash=item1e6b5b1db7
  6. Hello after we moved 1.5 years ago I still do not have a space to spread out my dollhouses to work on. But I keep adding to my stash tho. We visited the dollhouse in Toronto and bought some trim etc that is harder to get shipped to me and a large panel for a tin ceiling for my unbuilt Beacon Hill. Our real life house has tin ceilings and I was so excited to find the panel. A couple weeks ago my hubby bought me a scroll saw!! I feel lucky a lucky girl to get my own major power tool. Oh and the real life attic will be finished this fall for me to move into with my sewing and miniatures!!
  7. You are a miniaturiest when you convince your hubby to drive 3 hours one way to a different city while on vacation so you can visit a miniature store in person. Because ordering online is just not enough.
  8. I want to learn how to make metal objects look aged with rust. what are some suggestions for paint to use. Do I need a special product or paint. anyone have a link to a tutorial. Thanks for the help
  9. Great job sewing cause the small stuff is hard to sew
  10. Casey I have thought of a shop but nothing really jumps out at me at this time. And if that is a hint for some photos I will see what I can do. LOL I have the house tucked away on a shelf I could pull it out where I see it more and see if it starts talking. The chatty house will have to wait a little longer as I the twins start Kindergarden in 2 weeks so life is changing.
  11. I was at Micheals on the weekend and found 3 different tins on sale. The tins have cupcake design on the outside but have a window cut in the side. I thought they would be great for a tiny mini scene with the window already in place. one was a flat round tin so I did not get it because it was too hard to keep on its side. If anyone is interested in a pic I can take a pic of the tins.
  12. snowblossum

20110523 27

Great shop, the plants are lovely
  13. I started my first build last year, the Lafayette by duracraft. I have the house built and painted needs trim flooring. But the house will not speak to me how to decorate what style nothing. I did not pick the kit up my brother did for me so I never drooled over the house and dreamed exactly(like I have for my unbuilt Beacon Hill) We moved in March and have not worked on any mini things since before that but I am still watching for small things to use. But the cold weather is soon and I can start doing more crafts sewing etc. Should I try building a different house that I have ideas for? Maybe after I work on something else I will fill inspired. I do have 2 other kits unbuilt the Allison and the Beacon Hill. I am won't have a room or a large craft area til next year when we do a reno on the real life house. So the Beacon is too big for my tiny corner I am allotted til then. I don't regret building the Lafayette because it was a good first house size wize for me. But it does not talk about who or what should happen in it. Any suggestions or what do you do when you get stuck