About labrown

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Please Select
  • Country
    Please Select

Recent Profile Visitors

1,289 profile views
  1. Anybody have any ideas for making 1:24 scale drinking glasses? I've never worked in this scale before and this one has me really stymied.
  2. My first was a kit (Glencroft) that had gotten slightly wet so the wood was not in great shape but it was cheap so I got it to learn with. This has always been a dollhouse to be played with. And believe me it has been played with by every child (boys and girls) that have visited our home. It was always the first thing they headed to. Can't tell you how many times we had to turn it upside down to retrieve the mini-figure that had decided to go down the chimney. We no longer have young grandchildren and their friends to play with it so it's waiting for a rehab but I wouldn't trade the memories of the fun they had for any number of showcases. I do have "don't touch unless I'm there" dollhouses (mine are built for the pure joy of it and aren't anywhere near what I would call a showcase) but they aren't for general playtime and turning upside down. If you have young children around, have one they can play with using all their wild imangination. You never know which ones might become the next master builders.
  3. You might try alcohol ink. You can add alcohol to lighten the color if need be.
  4. Love the use of the eyelashes. How clever. But what is a Michael's dome?. I have Michaels hutches and wood stuff but haven't seen this.
  5. I TRY to use the instructions, I really do, but they're so incomplete. Yes it tells me to put tab a in slot a but it doesn't tell me that to do that I have to stand on 1 foot while balancing wall C with my left shoulder and keep walls d and e perfectly straight or the whole thing I've just spent 2 hours working on will collapse.
  6. I vote for the electrical wire. I have a nice green strand with yellow stripe. Looks perfect
  7. Desparately in need of the wonderful ideas people share here. Working on my RGT Contemporary Ranch and want to make my sunroom/dining room wood floor shiny. I made it from popsicle sticks and have stained it but I want a really shiny finish. What's the best way? Lu Ann
  8. Has to be when someone saw my screensaver (of a room in a dh of course) and asked if that was my house. I loved telling them, no, that's my dollhouse which led to me talking probably way to much about my love of "working?" on one and making most everything in it. And they actually seemed interested.
  9. My first purchase was 2 pewter candlesticks, creamer, and sugar bowl from the Williamsburg Museum. And mine also still haven't found a home yet.
  10. Thanks Kathie. Where can you get the rosin core solder? Is it a "specialty" solder?
  11. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. I think I'll give it a try
  12. I'm thinking about getting one of the soldering guns from HBS that I think are really for electrical wiring but it says can be used to solder some metal. Has anyone tried this? There have been several times I wanted to (try to) make a metal shelf or other metal structure but couldn't. Would this work? And for what types of metal? Lu Ann
  13. I just started the rgt cont. Ranch. First modern. First mdf. Love it so far but the room layout is not speaking to me yet
  14. If you have pictures of your dollhouse on your screensaver instead of your grandchildren.....