Debora59

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Debora59

1. Thank you all, yes the bridge is feet long and the train garden bed is 40 feet long. Its kept us busy for months now.
  2. My husband says I have come full circle because my first miniatures were Christmas village layouts and then 1:12 scale and then bigger to 1:6 and now outside layout village again. Well he started collecting G scale trains. And well this had to become an enchanting scene I sure didn't want the train yard with rows and rows of tracks and trains lined up [ Which a lot of guys end up with.]
  3. https://www.facebook.com/debora.odell/videos/pcb.10220608798154513/10220608789434295/?type=3&theater
  4. I have videos of the Garden I will try to figure out how to share on Greenleaf
  5. From the album: Formal botanical Train garden with 1:24 scale houses

Early morning shot outside. The mini shrubs working well with it.
  6. From the album: Formal botanical Train garden with 1:24 scale houses

The front is made like the actual Chavenage House from the series. But I let the artist build the sides and back as he liked. Since this is merely a section of the real manor house. UPS was VERY hard on the manor house, it was packaged well but.... The only thing that saved the structure was its cement board base which broke a large corner section off in back and the a few inches off another corner, Only one broken chimney, which I glued back on. You can see light under the walls because currently the cement board base is loose.
  7. From the album: Formal botanical Train garden with 1:24 scale houses

UPS was VERY hard on the manor house, it was packaged well but.... The only thing that saved the structure was its cement board base which broke a large corner section off in back and the a few inches off another corner, Only one broken chimney, which I glued back on. You can see light under the walls because currently the cement board base is loose.
  8. No we live in the Midwest and we get snow. but one of the G scale trains has a snow plow to clear the tracks!
  9. Yes it was. it was enclosed with wood fencing and we had built a deck around it so you never had to step on the ground getting in and out
  10. From the album: Formal botanical Train garden with 1:24 scale houses

I wanted something formal with the train being a nice surprise. I bought at least 2 of every plant so that each end mirrors the other end perfectly. And so now Finally after months of preparation. moving a shed, taking down a pool and deck, building the frame, hauling soil, choosing trees plants and shrubs all are in the ground! [ we brought on sod as well to cover the bare spaces. Need a bit more soil then mulch and the lighted houses can be brought in too.
  11. Thanks ladies, but I cannot take credit. I found someone on Etsy who builds outdoor structures in G Scale. I bought 2 of his houses and asked him to build my design and he did!!! Although he usually doesn't do that, I convinced him and showed how it could be in scale by doing just a small portion of Chavenage House. Its the most recognizable part of the massive manor house and after he scaled it to 1:24 he agreed! I am so Thrilled.
  12. Thanks everyone!, Just this weekend I finally got all the trees, shrubs and flowers planted in the train garden. Now I can out the houses back in, Ordered some special lights for the bridge hope it works!
  13. From the album: Formal botanical Train garden with 1:24 scale houses

Its almost completed, lighting goes in next. This is made for outside for our botanica train garden lay out. which is nearly completed now.!
  14. It seems a bit dark here but once its outside in the garden it should look brighter. Lighting goes in in next!
  15. From the album: Formal botanical Train garden with 1:24 scale houses

Chavenage House from the Poldark series, in 1:24 scale will be here in about 3 weeks! This was my idea but the builder thought it would be too big too ship so I sketched out a recognizable version at a manageable size, which is most of what you see here .And he only makes one of a kind structures. I am so excited about it.