Debora59

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Debora59

1. From the album: Formal botanical Train garden with 1:24 scale houses

I am really pleased with the two hand made LED lighted houses I purchased from Rick at Ketchum Hollow Depot on Etsy The base is removable.
  2. That's an idea, I will be adding solar string lights. Originally I wanted to build the tower bridge in London.
  3. From the album: Formal botanical Train garden with 1:24 scale houses

8 foot iron G scale bridge should arrive at the end of the month, I will post the site later
  4. I forgot to mention the house is LED lighted and the base is removable, this is a photo from the day it arrived just a few days ago.
  5. From the album: Formal botanical Train garden with 1:24 scale houses

The OOAK G scale building was found on Etsy, [ [ I will post builder name and store later ] and I love the quality so much he is making me a version of Chavenage House, from Poldark series!!! He felt it would be so big he couldn't ship it but I sent a sketch of the simple recognizable version I would like gave him the measurements and that build is now underway! Which is probably the most exciting part along with the bridge and plants. Here is the very beginnings of planning the lay out and how much track would be needed. Since there are 2 large boxes on each end with a long skinnier connecting area I decided to make a formal mirrored look, each side matches the other the plants and shrubs will all be placed exactly the same on each side to give a formal garden look. Here is a short run of track for the train to pull off in front of the depot. I told my husband that I don't want a train yard look. but a very professional botanical garden look where the train is a nice surprise weaving in and out of plants trees and shrubs and of course structures!
  6. From the album: Formal botanical Train garden with 1:24 scale houses

My iron bridge will go where the train is crossing in this photo. the bridge is 8 feet long. Here is the very beginnings of planning the lay out and how much track would be needed. Since there are 2 large boxes on each end with a long skinnier connecting area I decided to make a formal mirrored look, each side matches the other the plants and shrubs will all be placed exactly the same on each side to give a formal garden look. Here is a short run of track for the train to pull off in front of the depot. I told my husband that I don't want a train yard look. but a very professional botanical garden look where the train is a nice surprise weaving in and out of plants trees and shrubs and of course structures!
  7. From the album: Formal botanical Train garden with 1:24 scale houses

Here is the very beginnings of planning the lay out and how much track would be needed. Since there are 2 large boxes on each end with a long skinnier connecting area I decided to make a formal mirrored look, each side matches the other the plants and shrubs will all be placed exactly the same on each side to give a formal garden look. Here is a short run of track for the train to pull off in front of the depot. I told my husband that I don't want a train yard look. but a very professional botanical garden look where the train is a nice surprise weaving in and out of plants trees and shrubs and of course structures!
  8. Debora59

Elf dummy fridge kit

Love the stainless steel frig, it really adds something.
  9. Debora59

Back splash options

White tile with dark gray grout really pops! Yes
  10. Debora59

20190325_134118.jpg

How cool is that! Our real life home has those, Never seen them before in a doll house and I love it.
  11. Debora59

plexiquilt.jpg

I like the color and soft quilting appearance
  12. Debora59

Grey kitchen island

Wine rack is a great touch. Very Nice!
  13. From the album: Designing my own house

Back to work on the scrolled ironwork. Really thought I would have had my second floor hallway repapered by now, lol, but in my defense I worked a lot of extra hours last week, I ordered more newel posts so the railing will set up off of the floor was in place
  14. Debora59

Designing my own house

This is a large house 60 in long 24 in deep except Entry hall is angled and becomes 30 in deep. I wanted to have more dont before I started posting, I have done a mock up with cresent board to see what I think of the lay out. Will post inspiration pics first.
  15. From the album: Designing my own house

Back to work on the scrolled ironwork. Really thought I would have had my second floor hallway repapered by now, lol, but in my defense I worked a lot of extra hours last week, I ordered more newel posts so the railing will set up off of the floor was in place

© Debora O'Dells Designs

16. Figuring out my bay window construction was hard, should one cut the room flooring to include the bay or have the bay floor meet the existing flooring so many details to work out. Hinged or not, how does one achieve the angle and connections in a bay,. will the bays have their own roof or with they connect at top and bottom, There were just tons of design decisions to make. Plus there are so many different types of bay windows. Is it accessible from the main room?
  17. Debora59

LEXI.jpg

Linda they say dogs look like their owners, she reminds me of you I think its because she has your eyes!
  18. Thank you for saying that even though the wallpaper needs replaced lol!
  19. From the album: Designing my own house

Made 2 new side pieces, they are more refined now. The hand rail needs to be longer and once I am satisfied I will make a curved end to the handrail out of sculpting clay.
  20. I will need to clean up my stairs too. LOL
  21. From the album: Designing my own house

Made 2 new side pieces, they are more refined now. The hand rail needs to be longer and once I am satisfied I will make a curved end to the handrail out of sculpting clay.

© Debora O'Dells Designs

22. Debora59

Paint really helps

Thank you I am jumping up and down with joy here!
  23. From the album: Designing my own house

First try at a miniature iron balcony design, made and attached some side pieces. Getting better with the 3D pen

© Debora O'Dells Designs

24. From the album: Designing my own house

First try at a miniature iron balcony design, made and attached some side pieces. Getting better with the 3D pen

© Debora O'Dells Designs