Debora59

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Debora59

1. Looking forward to seeing your idea completed, Its exciting.
  2. Thank you. Thank you. Yes tracing over a design And yes the look does lend it self to iron, and painting it also helps pull it altogether too. Which this one has not been painted,
  3. Its sturdy enough if all the scrolls connect and the handrail added makes it one solid piece
  4. Take 3 was a bit cleaner, less bumpy. I made another bottom section and re attached it. its easy to clip apart and attach a new piece.
  5. From the album: Designing my own house

The French chateau now has a chandelier in every room! This one is by J.Getzan
  6. From the album: Designing my own house

This is why I bought the pen, to achieve more delicate faux iron staircase., First attempt with the scrolled ironwork, its rough but I think its possible with practice,
  7. From the album: Designing my own house

This is why I bought the pen, to achieve more delicate faux iron staircase., First attempt with the scrolled ironwork, its rough but I think its possible with practice,
  8. Thank you, it is a little fragile, you have to me careful pulling the finished work off the paper and for me the railing is making it all sturdy.
  9. Thank you. The possibilities are endless and yet the 3D pen result has a certain finishes, for example single lines and curves and building sections and putting them together with the same pen like the Eiffel tower, yes that can be done. I saw a video of someone making little thatched cottages, building one wall at a time, but the pen cant make smooth walls because you see the lines. But with a thatched cottage you expect that look. The scrolled railings will have imperfections but I just started, so maybe I will improve my skills over time.
  10. From the album: Designing my own house

This is why I bought the pen, to achieve more delicate faux iron staircase., First attempt with the scrolled ironwork, its rough but I think its possible with practice.
  11. From the album: Designing my own house

This is why I bought the pen, to achieve more delicate faux iron staircase., I think its possible with practice.
  12. Yes my husband and I looked at a lot of videos on 3D pens. 3 D doodler made the first 3D pen. This one had good reviews.This is 3D doodler 2.0
  13. Debora59

Day 14

Its beautiful, love the glow in the fireplace!
  14. From the album: Designing my own house

My new 3D pen arrived at lunch time. Read the instructions and trouble shooting info.This is my first test, well first they tell you practice writing your name to get the hang of it. This one is messy but I should improve over time. I made the main design and created little side pieces to stand it up and stuck it together with the pen.
  15. From the album: Designing my own house

I bought this Frank Cresente fireplace in 2012, though it went well here in the French Chateau.
  16. Also the attic. I have a room at the back of the house to lay flat especially if I put them on there own additional base
  17. Debora59

IMG_8310.jpg

Lots of great details like the shopping bags and love the little dog watching his owner.
  18. Debora59

Lantern arrived

The staircase is still in progress, I spent several days making scrollwork railing for the second floor, painted a new color and didn't like it so put it all back the way it was, it cost me some time. Still fitting the downstairs railings its all held together by museum wax.
  19. Debora59

Lantern arrived

From the album: Designing my own house

The lantern is by Jennifer's Miniatures her facebook link is here. She also does beautiful furniture. https://www.facebook.com/JennifersMiniatures/