Debora59

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Debora59

1. https://www.facebook.com/JennifersMiniatures/ For some reason I thought it was Etsy. This Chandelier lantern is 4 in tall and about 1 3/4 wide. It fits perfectly here because I have large rooms and high ceilings in my French Chateau. 12 inch ceilings. She said she is going to start making smaller lanterns because she cant locate the Jewelry findings for this size any longer.
  2. Debora59

Lantern arrived!

Thanks Everyone. The staircase is still in progress, I spent several days making scrollwork railing for the second floor, painted a new color and didn't like it so put it all back the way it was, it cost me some time. Still fitting the downstairs railings its all held together by museum wax.
  3. Debora59

Lantern arrived!

From the album: Designing my own house

It arrived today! Soooo happy with it and will post more photos later. Lantern is made by Jennifer Kennedy. Her Etsy shop is Jennifer's Miniatures
  4. From the album: Designing my own house

It arrived today! Soooo happy with it and will post more photos later. Lantern is made by Jennifer Kennedy. Her Etsy shop is Jennifer's Miniatures
  5. Debora59

bed kit

I cant wait to see what fabric you choose. Love upholstered beds
  6. Beautiful paper and good thinking on the flooring.
  7. Debora59

Grey option

Yes this one, excellent work!
  8. Debora59

A smaller mock up

Mock ups are quick and easy. Yesterday painted all the stair way pieces and some of the top landing, I am now working with all the picky handrail cuts and fittings. spent 2 hours and had to walk away for a while. staircase railings and hand rails can be tough.
  9. Debora59

Kitchen dry run

Looks great! I really admire people who can make miniature cabinetry.
  10. From the album: Inspiration season

I stumbled across this image [ its stunning ] while doing a search for a miniature of the D. Orsay Museum., The article is in French and this French architect who lived in the 1800s but I am really unclear about the doll house. Eugène-Emmanuel Viollet le Duc Maquette is a French architect. http://aubistrotducoin.canalblog.com/albums/10___art_nouveau___meubles___musee_d_orsay/photos/3385604-eug_ne_emmanuel_viollet_le_duc_maquette.html
  11. Debora59

Inspiration season

Gingerbread style doll house, Getting started on Barbie sized refurb.
  12. From the album: Designing my own house

Always did love the peeking inside shots.
  13. From the album: Designing my own house

This is another mock up, its smaller with tighter scroll work.
  14. I am going to give it another go I think it needs to be smaller with more scrolls.
  15. The more I look at it, the more I think it needs to be smaller overall so once the rest of my supplies come in I will try it again.
  16. Debora59

AMAZING-bird cage

Yes, glad I recognized it. I have been such a big fan of his work for a long time.
  17. From the album: Designing my own house

Just trying something out, I need more supplies and they are on the way, Need to come up with a proper footing, sometimes you just use anything you have on hand to make something work. This is just the first trial. Also the hand rail needs to be sanded down to curve with the scroll, among other things But I know I am going to like this when I am done!
  18. From the album: Designing my own house

Just trying something out, I need more supplies and they are on the way, Need to come up with a proper footing, sometimes you just use anything you have on hand to make something work. This is just the first trial. Also the hand rail needs to be sanded down to curve with the scroll, among other things But I know I am going to like this when I am done!
  19. Debora59

AMAZING-bird cage

Where did you see it? Its wonderful!
  20. Debora59

AMAZING-bird cage

I have this same photo saved I love it! Is it Eric Lansdown? he has done some similar structures.
  21. Thank you, I have never tackled lighting fixtures so I am in awe of her work.
  22. I agree its quite spectacular. It is commissioned from Jennifer Kennedy. Is actually about 4 inches tall but so are my Metropolitan Chandeliers from J Getzan, Luckily I designed the chateau with tall ceilings. 12 inch ceilings.
  23. Thank you! and Correct, these go to another doll house. I will try a different scroll and use bronze finish. This is a huge decision since there is so much railing on both floors. I wanted it initially and just never did it.