Debora59

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Debora59

1. From the album: Designing my own house

I have commissioned a beautiful bronze lantern for the entry hall of the French Chateau, with that in mind I think I will match the iron railings I have in mind to that same bronze color.
  2. Thinking about adding a marble border and marble up the staircase, how does that sound? Oh yes and put the kitchen doors back in on either side of the staircase.
  3. Besides the other repairs like wallpaper. These staircase photos help me to decide that I need a marble border around the black and white floor tiles and up the stairs if I am going to make faux iron scrolled railings
  4. From the album: Designing my own house

I always wanted a Faux iron staircase for the chateau, and now I am thinking about it again, I made these railings for another house and decided to try something similar here. wish me luck!
  5. From the album: Designing my own house

Ordered more wall paper for this hallway and a gorgeous lantern for the entryway downstairs.
  6. From the album: Designing my own house

Worked on getting all the corbels in place that hold up the over door casings. only 2 left to finish in the upstairs hallway, starting to put my staircase railings back in place, ordered wallpaper for the upstairs hallway. And starting to think about a different stair case.
  7. From the album: Designing my own house

Another shot of the stone work path that has been lightened, pictures are great they can alert you to things you may not of noticed, I noticed here that my bottom right corner has a crack, no doubt stress from all the times I slid it from the pillars it sat on to my dinning room table which were not completely level with each other, also one of the reasons I quite working on it for so long. Thank goodness I now have this rolling cart!
  8. Next I need to decide how I will cut up the stone work path to look like stones, although gravel around the house and for walkways is big in France.
  9. From the album: Designing my own house

I have lightened the stone path, painted the baseboard edging of the house as well the foundation it sets on, its starting to get a more finished look, will add quoins made from card also.
  10. Does anyone recognize this wall paper, I thought I purchased it at Miniature Scene UK but didn't see it there.
  11. From the album: Designing my own house

The perks of searching through years of a miniature collection is finding cool stuff you forgot you had!
  12. From the album: Designing my own house

Finally found my lost staircase balusters and railings!!! It took me all week digging through everything about 3 times that's all. lol
  13. Thank you! I am very happy with how its coming along.
  14. From the album: Designing my own house

I lightened the landscape stonework closer to the stone bench colors. May go lighter yet, will see how this works through out the day, then I will know.
  15. From the album: Designing my own house

I lightened the landscape stonework closer to the stone bench colors. May go lighter yet, will see how this works through out the day, then I will know.
  16. Thank you both yes the color of the lion bench would be good.
  17. Yes, I am having so much fun! And with the new exterior Its almost tike getting a new house with out having to make room
  18. Thank you, After an afternoons work I am not sure of the dark color, the Chateau may be saying go with light stone!
  19. From the album: Designing my own house

So I had some brown/ gray card mount board on hand and decided to sponge paint it with 2 lighter colors to get a stone look. Then I started slicing the stone and found my self taking for ever to make the pattern and not getting very far so I will cut large pieces and then draw on the stonework, and then if I want to I can cut them or not....But here I am testing the color I achieved with sponge painting. and I think it works.
  20. From the album: Designing my own house

I painted the rest of the crown molding and over doors. and noticed that somebody was a little careless with her glue when building this room, and she put the fan light in backwards at the front door. I will cut her some slack because I had never designed or built anything prior to this! LOL. So I had purchased 5 of these chandeliers at one time and am down to maybe 1 working chandelier. So I remembered as I was going through my lighting supplies I gave up on a few of them and used them as non working lights. but eventually they will be replaced with working fixtures.
  21. Debora59

20190128-153803.jpg

Making your doors from scratch shows a lot of skill
  22. From the album: Designing my own house

Painted the sides of the Chateau yesterday and all the overdoor pieces. I am thinking charcole gray landscape pavers made from card. with these stone work pieces I had for ages.