Debora59

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Posts posted by Debora59

1. 7 hours ago, Kells said:

I posted about that one here. It will be interesting to see if it sells and for what price. It certainly is beautifully finished! I hope someone posts if/when it does. I don't dare save that on Ebay. Even at that price, that would be just way too much temptation staring me in the face every time I look at My Ebay, haha.

Yes will be interested to see also what it sells for!

2. On 10/6/2018, 4:33:14, Luanne said:

Have you used this product for mini outdoor projects? $24/ 20 lbs at Home Depot. 

ShapeCrete Plays like Clay, Works like Concrete. 

http://www.shapecrete.com/projects/tissue-house

Thanks good to know, my husband is getting into trains he is planning an out door display with G scale trains, and buildings , he has been casting jig stones with jig stone molds for houses and bridges, its good to hear about stuff like this that will hold up to the weather

3. 21 minutes ago, KathieB said:

A natural fiber fabric .. cotton, linen, silk ... works best. Cut a piece of freezer paper to the exact size accepted by your printer. Iron a piece of fabric onto the plastic-coated side. Carefully trim the overhang. It will run through your printer just fine.  The backing paper will peel off easily. If it is an inkjet printer, keep in mind that the color is not waterproof. (Found that out when I sprayed a printed blanket with a water-based hair spray. Live and learn! :D )

Wow what a great tip!

• Like 1
  4. 23 hours ago, Sable said:

Did you see the comment you wrote in my gallery in 2014 referring to my print? “The art work is amazing it reminds me of an artist I follow, Jim Buckles”.  No wonder you bought it.

I absolutely loved visiting Chenonceau, it is my favorite castle. 

Yes I did! What a coincidence.

• Like 1
  5. I keep my eyes open to things that would be perfect to add to my mini projects. I came back with a wonderful print of Chateau Chenonceau, which was the right size for my 1/6 scale Castle. But somehow I dropped the ball ion the last night in France in the giftshop at Chateau Vaux Le Vitcompte,.while oooking at postcards there were 2 fabulous Architectual postcards of the front and backside of the chateau we were visiting. the were elongated postcards and I thought I really like these but where would I use them? Must have been focused on my very sore foot. 30 min down the road it hit me they were perfect for the dinning room of my 1/6 scale castle. [ I have emailed the Chateau gift shop but no response. maybe they don't send to other countries ] 

6. I can relate to this. I had not been on a vacation for 12 years. Fear of world events was my main issue, feeling its not safe anywhere. We went to UK then took Eurostar under the English Channel to France. There was a 3 terrorist incidents with in a few months prior to our trip.  London Parliment bldgs., London bridge and right out in front of the Hotel we were to stay at in Paris near the Paris Opera house ,we could have cancelled and got our money back. I asked my husband, '' so do you think we should go???'' He replied , let me know if your not going and I will ask Ian [ out youngest son ] to go with me. So your still going? I said

Something changed in me that day and I said if your still going I am going!

No more fears of the Chunnel, no more fears of London and Paris or the Flights, I was completely ready to take on this adventure. I really surprised myself, I was ready to live my life and take the dream vacation come what may. And had the time of my life. 

I did pray a lot about my fears though and did not have them while on the trip.

Remember to breath on take off!

• Like 1
  7. Thinking about selling my entire collection finished and unfinished . Tudor Coaching Inn, :Antique Cathedral, Over the top house - which is a 1:12 scale castle with turrets, 1::12 scale English manor house and many more, if you have any interest let me know [ planning a move in the next 3 to 5 years ]

8. I started watching Escape to the Chateau where a couple purchase and restore a 45 room chateau with a moat, 12 acres, 7 outbuildings, including an orangery and a walled garden called Chateau-de-la-Motte Husson But lots of other chateaus would be great in miniature also!

9. 3 hours ago, Samusa said:

Oh no! Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well Jodi. Big hugs for you. And a zapped mini mojo is phooey! Poor love!

I too have been on a bit of a mini spending spree of late. But the very last things I purchased are 3 artisan chandeliers. 2 options for the San Franciscan' s dining room and one for one of the bathrooms.

Here is a pic of the one I hope works for the dining room. The light I currently have in there just isn't cutting it.

Gustavian%2BChandelier.jpg

Linda, I love your foo dogs too!

Wowsers! one of the best I have ever seen!

• Like 1
  10. More transparency film to print out grids for my Gothic manor house windows. Before that more molding casting supplies for window casings and before that bass wood for trim around the outside of the windows once they are installed. And before that a special type of cove to slice up for the castle tower battlements, and before that LOL, a fancy 1/6 scale grandfather clock from JBM, before that wall paper, I know you said one thing but.....

• Like 1