2,608 Excellent

About Debora59

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://www.cupidskisskennels.com

Profile Information

• Interests
    Building & designing miniature structures,
    painting, sewing, stainedglass mosaics, designing, stenciling, home improvement & design. photography, Also my husband and I are breeders of Longhaired Dachshunds & the Pembroke Welsh Corgi

Retained

• Member Title
    Debora59

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Debora
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

30,442 profile views
  1. Debora59

blocks2.jpg

The dogs go well here.
  2. I have always loved the botanical center displays of Applied Imagination.. They used G scale trains, flowers, plants and 1:24 scale buildings constructed to withstand the weather.. my husband has been collecting the trains and track for the past few years. the challenge was to incorporate a design into our yard, One that doesn't interfere with mowing or dogs etc. We moved my 10 x 12 shed to make room. It took me forever to come up with a workable design for the space. It actually wasn't until the building was moved that the whole thing came together.. I ended up purchasing some 1:24 scale buildings fro a G scale person who couldn't find what he wanted for his display and desided to make them. I liked them so much I commissioned him to build a 1:24 scale Chavenage house from the Poldark series.. It took some convincing he thought it would be too big. But I made a sketch of the portion of the house that was important too me with the Floor to ceiling windows and front door. To me it just had to be a recognizable workable model. And that is underway! The Formal Botanical train garden style that I went with is well under way. we had to bring in 21 tons of dirt for the 40 foot bed. The bed has 12 x12 boxes on each end for the train to turn around and a 6 x 16 for stretch in between. I have an 8 foot iron bridge being constructed also. The buildings are LED lighted and the iron Bridge will have solar string lights to highlight the shape. This whole thing has been quite a project! Not to mention gather dwarf plants and shrubs for the landscape. Whew almost there though.
  3. I love snow, always have and lights from the houses reflecting on the snow
  4. This one gave me the confidence to build more. No pattern no measurements to go by, just figuring it out for 1:24 scale. Oh yes and having something in mind that inspires. I had a particular doll house in mind, The Maple Street Cotswold. Have always loved it. Mine is reminiscent of it. I had know idea what the other sides and back looked like so I just made it what I wanted it to be. I had made dormers, adjoining roofs and pitched roofs before from scratch so that helped.
  5. It is stunning and perfectly coordinated with the space. the plant by a window is also a nice touch. ! creates a sense of who the homeowner is.
  6. I love the bathroom and the kitchen and the bedroom and the library and the front and and and lol!
  7. Yes will be interested to see also what it sells for!
  8. Not sure if this listing has been posted already but, I love it, but not the price. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Customized-Lawbre-French-Country-House/183869758502?hash=item2acf7ddc26:g:ynoAAOSwgY5dHNSo
  9. Thank you all, yes the bridge is feet long and the train garden bed is 40 feet long. Its kept us busy for months now.