• Real Name
    Gloria
  • Country
    Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

699 profile views
  1. cleojazz

Raegan's Brookwood

A labor of love for my granddaughter Raegan.
  2. Covid,illness, many reasons why it took so long to complete and photograph this! The little girl is now in University, studying to be an architect.. guess the dollhouse was influencial!
  3. cleojazz

Brookwood.jpg

Sorry for taking forever to answer. My real house needed extensive repair after flooding and that has consumed my time. To answer your question, I used Lepage Polystipple, applied with a stiff round brush actually meant for stenciling. But it allowed me to pounce and swirl to get a more authentic look. Cheers!
  4. Thanks, but no. The ones I used came in a single roll, not strips. You had to cut them. They did not tear. And i had to use silicone caulk to attach them. But did they ever look real!
  5. Hi everyone 5 years ago I shingled a house with a roll of real asphalt black shingles. They were not papery at all. More like thin rubber with a rough texture. Does anyone know who sells these? I'm in Canada, but close to Michigan.
  6. cleojazz

Its not dimensional...that is an illusion. I used a page from a calendar featuring prints by artist Dawna Barton. The surrounding wallpaper picks up the colour.
  7. cleojazz

Yes...a real shell from Sanibel Island,Florida.
  8. cleojazz

Cleo's Real Estate

Overall picture of my condo dollhouse, 3 years in the making.
  9. cleojazz

dh17.jpg

Thank you Jennifer! The tile in the bathroom came from Dollarama. It's actually a glass tile, and it was marketed as something to use in scrapbooking. The black and white floor tile came from Lowes. I went to all the local tile stores, looking for inexpensive mosaic type tile. I knew my color scheme and settled on black and white because of the size of the tile center(1")I know 1 foot is a popular tile size, and many tiles for formal areas also come in 2 foot lengths. Many retailers and wholesalers on Ebay from China handle modern furniture. Also try England(Elf miniatures)
  10. cleojazz

Brookwood.jpg

It was a huge undertaking and took several months, but I loved it. I can visit the house anytime just 10 minutes away. It's so great to be able to share my 'mini' passion with my grandkids!
  11. cleojazz

dh3.jpg

The deck here too is waiting for flagstone. Notice the door is not the one supplied in the kit. I wanted a sleek operable door. I had to use my Dremel rotary tool and saw the doorway wider to fit even this narrow door. Thank God for trim that hid the ragged wall paper edges after the cut.
  12. Raegan screamed so loud when she laid eyes on this house I was wishing for earplugs!She has thanked me over and over and is just in love with it.
  13. cleojazz

My condo

Most of the work took a span of 2 years. I had started on just the girl's bedroom , as a room box.A few years went by... it wasn't until I needed a couple surgeries and was housebound that I really started to work at it. And acquiring my husband's aunt's armoire gave me an idea. So my room box became a springboard to the whole condo. Being out of work also changed how I secured furnishings. It became a challenge and a point of pride to 'make something out of nothing'. So I started making furnishings. It was very satisfying work! Glad you like it. Thanks!
  14. cleojazz

Dining Room

I bought some metal tubing at the model train store. It's got a square profile, and about 1/16-1/8th" in size. I measured my actual buffet lamps for height then I cut the tubing proportionately. You have to pass the grain of wheat(or rice) bulb's wires down the tube first, before glueing to a base. The shades took some calculating. I cut a semicircle shape from flocked paper. Here, you'll have to experiment for size. Wrap it around and glue it .To set the shade onto the bulb, I cut a circle from clear plastic,like the kind so many items are packaged in. The circle fits into the shade.You'll secure it with a dab of glue. You need a little hole, big enough to pass the wires through in the plastic circle. The bulb sits just above the hole. How big the circle is affects where it sits inside the shade. It also takes experimenting so your bulb doesn't end up sticking out above the shade.Then I used epoxy to glue it to a tiny flat button for a base. You can either have the wire come out above the base (if they're thin it doesn't show) or you can file or drill out a channel on the button underside, pass the wires through the button's hole, and exit along the channel you carved out. I like the wires that are coated, not wrapped in plastic. They're thinner. Don't use hot glue on these wires...it melts the protective coating off. Your wires could short out. Once you get going, you'll be looking at beads, figurines, all manner of possibilities for lamps. Have fun. Hope this helped.If I get around to making another maybe I'll take pictures.
  15. cleojazz

Tile Backsplash

Beautiful........if it were for rent,I'd want to move in!