• Last visited

0 Neutral

About MrJeeper55

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Please Select
  • Country
    Please Select
  1. Hi MiniMadWoman- I viewed your album and the Beacon Hill is amazing...especially the stained windows... I have a question, did you use popsicle stick ends for the shingles or did you buy bags of shingles for the roofing? They look great.... MrJeeper55
  2. Well, TravisT, it looks like construction ahead for the both of us... I've ordered a sheet of flooring from Miniatures last evening, but I'm definitely going to try the coffee stirer as well... I imagine that if they're glued down to a paper backing, then that makes installation so much easier... I'm just not sure if I should put in the flooring before the walls go up or wait until later... I'm not planning to do any re-decorating once the house is complete... I'll post pictures once I've gotten a further down the road in the construction process. This is quite similar to building a regular house less the heating and plumbing pipes... MrJeeper55
  3. Hey, those are great ideas... I checked out the miniatures site plus a few others from the links. There is a TON of stuff....For now I just ordered a wallpapering book and an electrical wiring book. I've nearly completed the foundation, only a few more pieces to glue up to finish it. I'm planning to paint it grey, like concrete, before moving on to the first floor. I didn't want to get too involved with applying a brick finish to the foundation anyway...so the grey will be fine. I've also started assembling the staircases. The sanding business is giving me a bit of trouble. The wood that the pieces are pressed out of splinters off a bit when punched out, especially the really small detailed pieces, link the stair ballisters... I've been using wood filler to fill in the splintered pieces with a stainable filler since I'll be staining the staircases... If anyone has any other ideas, I'd appreciate them... Thanks... MrJeeper55
  4. Hi, I just registered with this forum after buying The Garfield for my wife for Christmas. She really loves it... now I have to build it for her...This is my first attempt at dollhouse construction. I'm in the process of glueing up the foundation now. I can see that I'll be on this site alot since this is all new to me... I was looking at some of the pictures up on the website, and noticed the varnished floors on a few of the Garfield dollhouses. I'm wondering how that was done, especially since they look like actual floor planking. I'd appreciate advice on that. I'm thinking that the floor finishing has to be done once the main floor is put down prior to the walls or 2nd floor. Also, can anyone give me some websites that I can check out for electrification kits? My wife would like to have her house electrified.... I'll be watching this site daily for advice and info.... Thanks, MrJeeper55