Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Pegster
  • Country
    United States
  1. I'm new here... would someone please tell me how to view these images? Thanks!
  2. Boy, when you get a new dollhouse, you sure get busy! Seems like a million things have come up, but have been making steady progress. On the bottom floor, there was a part of a 'board' missing, but I found a matching one in the attic, and replaced it... good as new! right now, I'm trying to make some drapes for the attic alcoves - maybe cut round windows in the dormers? I have some of those little battery operated LEDs, and I'm going to try to hide them behind the drapes to light the alcoves a bit. I'll add pictures to my gallery later. I'm sure having fun. Patiently waiting for her to tell me her name. Wendy told me that the house hasn't yet given her name, so I must be patient... she must be a shy house!
  3. I'm new to the forum.. Is this the contest you're talking about? I Googled "HBS contest" http://www.miniatures.com/hbs/global/Index...atinContest.asp
  4. DON'T open the monitor unless you know what you are doing! There are things inside that can shock you enough to kill you B) , even if it's been unplugged for MONTHS! Also, talk to some experts... there are a lot of poisonous chemicals in computers, arsenic and such, that you probably don't want to be grinding with your Dremel. Just my 2 cents...
  5. Can you design your own thingies to cut?
  6. Thanks so much, Wendy! I've posted some preliminary pics in my gallery, and will post more as I work on her. Oh, ya know that little piece of wood plank that came off of the left bottom floor? Well, guess what? In the corner of the attic, was a matching plank, so I replaced it today! How lucky!
  7. Just found this... how cute... I might try these next year, but I don't think I can duplicate her detail work... no wonder she charges $16 each... a lot of tiny work here! I've been making gingerbread houses since I was a little kid. Couple of years ago, I made the entire Simpson's house for my son... even down to painting the wallpaper, and putting the oil stain on the driveway.
  8. I KNEW I wasn't the first to do this! We're a brilliant group! Now, I'm going to go through the Lego box and see what else I can use for my minis. I doubt if gold leaf would stick, but I'm going to try it.
  9. I want to try a painting technique, so was putting together some scrap wood for a little table. Of course, all of my clamp-like devices are in a box somewhere... I happened to pull out my son's old Legos a while ago, just been tripping on the box for a couple of weeks. Well, I discovered that they work perfectly! I made a square with 2 inch interior walls, and jammed the table in, tapping it on a table to even up the legs. A really tight fit, but it worked so well, that in no time, I glued up two twin beds. Legos are in quarter inch increments, and you could use shims if you need a bit tighter fit. I dripped some glue on my LegoClamps, and it just peels right off!
  10. This is Mission style, but looks pretty easy for a beginner. http://kuoi.com/~nyssa/furniture/mission.html Have fun!
  11. Just checked out your gallery! How inspirational, THmini2!
  12. So beautiful! It gives me so many more ideas for my Newberg rehab!
  13. Well, as today is the first, I'm sidetracked by my old friend "Bill" for a couple of hours, but then she's getting a good vacuuming, then coming into a sunny corner in my bedroom. She's a bright yellow, so I think she's going to have a garden theme, but I'm not sure yet. For now, I'm going to starting to put some furniture in her, to get a feel of what she wants. After Bill.
  14. Well, you all sure know how to make a girl feelwelcome! I just found this forum, and was looking through it the other day, when I found Parisbabe's post, about a Newberg she wanted to give to a good home. We PMed, and, today, I went and picked up the house! It's so beautiful, and well built. It's been through several moves, and needs some work... just the project I need in my life right now. I posted some pictures in my gallery - don't judge the house too harshly on the pictures, they are just quick snapshots to show her off.
  15. SurferGurl

My Newberg Rehab

I was just given this beautiful rehab by Parisbabe. These are her first pictures, minutes after I got her home. I see so many possibilities to bring her back to her former beauty!