About Thoughtful

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Janet
  • Country
    United States
  1. I finished my Beacon Hill and I want to make another one - I don't have space for both so I want to sell my first. Has anyone sold a house - if so - how? Any ideas suggestions would help Thanks Janet
  2. Hi - thanks for the invite! My coffee just went into my microwave. I just finished my Beacon Hill. It took me over a year and I loved every minute of it. Made lots of mistakes (beacon hill was my first dollhouse). So I purchased a second and it is hibernating behind my dollcases. Cant wait till the warmer weather so I can start - I work in my garage so I can't do anything till the weather warms up. Janet
  3. Has anyone experimented with the Beacon Hill front porch frascia? The house is so graceful except when it comes to the "square" aspect of the top posts and square frascia. I know that the kit contains some "gingerbread" decoration to use between porch posts but I have thought about sanding the square of the frascia into a curve to echo the lines of the majestic second floor window and french doors. Has anyone done this or tried to do this? Results? Thanks all Janet
  4. I just completed my first Beacon Hill. I never discovered a good way to finish the raw edges of my walls or door openings. I tried wood fill - which just fell out, plaster, which just cracked and disintergrated , I even tried wood glue to fill up the gaps in the raw edge of the plywood and then paint but I have not been pleased with any of these techniques. Anyone have a good way to do this so all edges look good. Thanks Janet
  5. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a computer neanderthal so I'm sorry for any mistakes I make posting. I just finished my first dollhouse - the Beacon Hill and I love it. I'm from New York. Glad to meet everybody.