Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Kat
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

526 profile views
  1. Oh that is the cutest thing I have seen! What cute babies! But I feel your frustration. Yesterday I had to chase my kitty around the house to get one of my minis back! She thought it was a blast....I on the other hand..... Kat
  2. Wow! How do you _do_ that? You must have some magic in your hands. That's all my brain is processing right now. Lovely work. I can't wait to see it all finished! Kat
  3. Hi everyone, My soon-to-be husband is hinting we might get to go to Chicago for our honeymoon in August!!! Anyone know if any great mini stores in the area? Kat
  4. Yayyyy! It is always wonderful to hear when things work out! I love having this forum, it is such a good place to get advice, rant or just get some cheers and encouragement on your side. Keep us updated!
  5. Your house looks great so far. Sounds like you have a lot of good ideas- I can't wait to see what you do with it. Do you like doing an L-Shaped house? They look so neat but they scare me a bit. Kat
  6. If you have the tapewire kit you can also fold the tape so you don't have to cut it. There are directions in the little paperback Merry mentioned. I was very scared of those little brads so used the folding method. If I remember you are suppose to fold in the opposite direction you want to go first then fold direction you want to move. For example if you are going along the wall and want to go to the second floor you fold the tape down towards the floor and then floor up towards the next floor. It isn't too bulky if you are going to wallpaper over it. If your house is already glued together you can either cut a small narrow opening near the wall to feed the wife through from the connection thing where the power cord plugs in (the word for it is escaping me for the moment). I liked that better than folding over the side of the house but that works too. I had to use the little brads to install the fixtures. It wasn't as bad as I feared, after the second light I was feeling pretty good. Merry and I just got done with our houses.....and with congratulating each other. It is a great feeling! Good luck! Let us know how it turns out! Kat
  7. You did a great job! That bed looks so comfy I just want to dive in. Thanks for sharing. Kat
  8. It looks good so far, what a neat house. I remember gluing together was an adventure. I think those tab and slots move. I remember dry fitting some pieces and they fit together perfectly but when I tried to glue them they didn't line up. I just use lots and lots of masking tape! I can't wait to see more pictures! Kat
  9. I think there are some pictures of the Chantilly around about. I thought I remember that one being mentioned in a few posts. I really like the Chantilly too...but we can't have them all can we? The furniture was keeping me back too....but leave it to the forum to find a way to take away our excuses.
  10. LOL. That did give me pause for a moment, then I thought "nah, I could do it." Those are very compelling reasons to not go forward. It is just shameful I even let the thought cross my mind. *giggle* Ok that is as much as I can say with a straight face. I wish you hadn't mentioned a place to display it- a lightbulb went off in my head for the PERFECT place and now I don't think anything else will look good there. I just checked out your pictures of the Rosedale. You've done a beautiful job! And I got to see the inside wayyyy better than the greenleaf pics, hehehehe *....must resist..." That's good to hear. It seems sometimes with minis things you think will be simple turn out to be a lot of hair-pulling while a task you dread just fits together the first time you try it. I'm glad to hear that 1/2 scale might not be as bad as I feared. Besides the worse that can happen is I need to get creative to fix a boo-boo, right.......right? And the greenleaf forum is making sure there is plently of water, sunshine and plant food.......remind me to never say "I'm thinking about...." again. Just kidding- I love that this group is so supportive. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You are the best enablers a minaturist can ever have! Cat - share all the links you want! Ok, I think you all have successful talked me out of it. Let me go see how I can work it into the budget. Thank you everyone! Kat PS Thank goodness I didn't go to high school with you lot. What in the world would you have talked me into then!?! :popcorn:
  11. All right! You all caught me! What I really meant to say is: "I'm a little apprehensive: Talk me into it!" I'm drooling over the 1/2 scale Rosedale. The "problem" is it really isn't that expensive of a kit......
  12. After making a lot of progress with my dollhouse this weekend I started thinking about what I wanted to do next. One of Greenleaf's half scale kits caught my eye and I just keeping having all these wonderful ideas. This will only be my second project- is that too soon to jump into a smaller scale? I really like making my own furniture and minis but I don't know how realistic that idea is with 1/2 scale. Any good resources I should check out? Any words of wisdom? Kat
  13. I laughed when I read this post. I spend a lot of evenings looking at the posts, blogs and pictures. I always point out to my fiancée how many cats end up in the pictures. We live in a zoo as well. I blame my fiancee, he almost became a vet. We have three dogs: dachshund, chocolate lab, and basset hound. The basset hound is mine (her picture is by my name). We have two cats: Arwen and Midnight and two turtles. The dogs aren't allowed in my hobby room- I think the older one would be ok sitting on a bed and chewing a bone but the other two are too young to sit still that long. I never grew up with pets- my family really didn't like them. I always wanted a dog and could take or leave cats. Arwen basically lives in the bathroom (she's a little odd) but Midnight has adopted me. Where ever I am she wants to be there. Preferably on my lap getting pets. I have taught her she's not allowed in the hobby room. She'll venture in now and then and when I say her name she'll go back to the doorway and sit there and stare at me. I think she's just waiting for me to drop a mini so she can run off with it! Kat
  14. Thank you, everyone for the kind words. It is really nice to have a place to show-and-tell without getting the "uh-huh, that's nice, can we talk about something interesting now?" response. Luanne- There must be a miniaturist's electrical prayer: "Please Lord, look kindly on all my hard work and let it work!"