Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Three
  • Real Name
    Joy
  • Country
    United States
  1. This is gorgeous. What handwork!!!
  2. Debra, I had one of these, too. But I think Mom gave it away to a younger relative when I outgrew it. Wish I still had it. It was a life-saver during boughts of all 3 measles we older folks used to get. An older friend from down the road also gave me a huge metal circus like this. I still run across some of the animals/people from it and of course I still have some pieces from the dh. If you go to barbiegirl.com/marxhome there are all kinds of pictures of these houses and a pricing guide and auction also. Thanks for sharing. jc
  3. Ah printies!!! And I thought I had gone crazy collecting them!! Love your collection. And believe me, I'll refer back to it often. They are so much fun. You've really managed to organize them, too. THANKS so much for sharing.
  4. I love your cat. Did you make her yourself? She? maybe needs the up and down slit in a real cat's eye is all. Just a tiny line with a smidge wider towards the center, or sometimes a black circle for the center for the iris, depending on the light the cat is in. Good luck and Great job!!
  5. I got leftovers from a neighbor down the road and ended up with a tin dollhouse, the super circus and the tin ranchouse. I still wish I had them. Every once in a while I'll run across a leftover piece from these playsets and the memories fly. Alas, my mom passed them on to others when I outgrew them, but they definately started my interest in dollhouses. Thanks so much for the memories. Joy
  6. I can't even find the hole unless it's the upper right where it meets the wall. Beautiful piece of furniture, I want one. Like the others said, hide it with something and no one will ever know but you. Love it!!! joy
  7. Roxy, I've just started collecting printable minis. Search for mini prints and lots of mini sites will come up. One good place to start is treefeathers.com, another is smallstuff_digest.com, and printies.homestead.com. There are so may websites out there that have mini prints from rugs to wallpaper, flooring, murals, boxes, patterns to make stuff; you name it and it seems to be out there somewhere. The three websites I mentioned have links to other printable websites. Small Stuff has a club you can join and get free printies several times a month, plus complete kits you can buy to make stuff. Hope this helps. (Forgive me if this appears twice, I'm still learning how to use this website).
  8. crowsnestjc

Garfield

Just found this image and WOW, The Garfield looks much better than on the package. Love the pictures in the Gallery. Great ideas on how to finish mine.
  9. crowsnestjc

Ginger

Violet2Dawn, I love Ginger. Did you buy or make her and is she porcelain or resin? This is an interesting subject for you to create. I've never thought of it before! But it gives me ideas, too. Will it be in a house or roombox, hum? Hope you have a lot of fun with it and I'll keep looking back to see what you've added. Thanks for sharing. crowsnestjc
  10. I've been building on my "Garfield" for quite a few years now, and have heard about putting the walpaper on poster board or something similar and maybe using two-sided tape to hold in place. That's what I'm going to use if I ever get the nerve up to electrify it first!!!!