• Days Won

jbnmini last won the day on October 31 2023

jbnmini had the most liked content!

2,062 Excellent

3 Followers

About jbnmini

Profile Information

• Interests
    cake decorating(did wedding cakes for over 20 years); digging in my flower gardens and spending time with my grandchildren.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Jackie
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

47,040 profile views
  1. I've got my list, Lori! 😁 We'll see how well I stick to it! LOL
  2. I am SO looking forward to going this year!! Wrote my "wish list" yesterday and checking my $$$$ stash today! 😄 Not sure which day I will be there (Saturday or Sunday) - but I will be there!! Yay!!
  3. Another Jarrell house!! That makes at least three or maybe four of us on here that have this unusual beauty! Can't wait to see what you do with it! I haven't been able to work on mine for a long time. Makes me sad. In the meantime I collect furniture and work on floor plans.👍
  4. Is it possible to combine 12v lights and LED lights onto the same tape wire system?
  5. I have never noticed such an issue with MDF. I would think that just a coat of a Kilz primer would do the job. Hope it has been ok now that you've painted it -and the rest of the build goes well for you!
  6. jbnmini

The Dollhouse Inc #1600 series Victorian

This house was made by The Dollhouse Inc, division of Jarrell Enterprises in the 1980's: Jerry Jarrell was a local craftsman in Stone Mountain, Georgia These houses were completely assembled and shipped with the various Houseworks window & door components to finish it. This house has thick plywood walls and is almost 52" tall x 23" deep and weighs close to 100lbs! It is quite unique (and huge!) and I am looking forward to bringer her to life!
  7. Wow! It turned out great! You certainly have the eye for "found items"!
  8. Hi Erin! My son and his wife live in North Potomac. I just loved reading your story! Oh, how I would love to see your little treasures and chat minis with you. 😄 Looking forward to gleaning some miniature knowledge from your years of experience!
  9. Thanks for the link! The kitchen is just charming. 😍
  10. Kate- it is always best for the very first step of construction to be to prime the wood - except in places that stain will be used on floors. 👍
  11. While my aging Max does occasionally do building inspector duties, he is mostly taking on more a an overseer/supervisor role. He sits under my work table or on the windowsill, purring, making sure that I stay on task. 😄
  12. jbnmini

Pink Bellingham Rehab 2020

This Dura-Craft Bellingham Farmhouse belongs to one of my "cake friends" (from my PA cake club days) and I am fixing and finishing it up for her daughter and "someday grandchildren".
  13. Love the new floors, Muriel! Our lives have been pretty crazy lately dealing with getting my mother-in-law into a care facility. Yes, I just went thru this recently with my own mother, but this time it's from the opposite end of the spectrum: through medical assistance since she has no money. It's been a whirlwind journey since January - and a huge learning curve! But on Wednesday of this week we moved her out of the house and into the care facility that just happens to be about two blocks away. Settlement on the house is July 8, so after that I think we can all relax a bit! It's been several days of absolutely lovely weather around here, and after an exhausting two days doing the last-minute packing for mother-in-law, I found myself REALLY needing some ME time! Hubby said the same thing, so that Wednesday evening we both set about doing our own interests. I sat outside on the patio and stained dollhouse flooring (about the same shade as Muriel's new floor!)....and then just sat and enjoyed the beautiful evening for a time! 🙂
  14. I am planning on using the embossed brick paper from HBS for the exterior of my Pepperwood Farm house. It says to use wallpaper paste or glue.... anyone have experience working with this to give advice? And will it need to be sealed?