• Last visited

0 Neutral

About Blesdmomx4

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://www.tiramihavanese.com

Profile Information

• Interests
    My family first! Husband, kids, furkids ... I enjoy reading, travel, the arts, music. I love crafts! Sewing, knitting, painting, decorating, and now miniatures.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Country
    United States
  1. Thank you for the advice. I basically figured out to use the dryer, and disasembled the entire thing. I'm trying not to be too discouraged, because at least now I know what I am decorating, but it will take some time ... here's a picture of the demolishion.... It's really pretty sad how EASY it came apart with the dryer! Danielle
  2. I used a glue gun and have been frustrated with how the house has turned out Is it too late to save it? Can I just 'melt' it away and start over? The stupid directions said to use a glue gun, and I thought I was doing something wrong with how it was fitting together! I'm worried it's ruined :lol: ah Danielle
  3. Oh no, that's what I did wrong!! I've been rather discouraged about how things are "fitting" together ... and wasn't happy about the gaps ... any suggestions on what to do once you do it? I've thought about starting over, taking apart ... but I'm afraid to totally ruin it. Danielle
  4. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! I did both sides, and I'm thinking I may not have wanted to do that? I really like it ... hope these come out so you can see them well Danielle
  5. Love the photos :lol: I'm a photo nut! Taken today ... working on my glencroft, posted this one on another thread ... Danielle
  6. Oh wow! What a subject! I just celebrated my 6th anniversary (December 30) of WLS. I had a gastric bypass in '99 due to obesity. It was a bit more than 15lbs., BUT I understand the struggle of diets, programs, classes etc. I was always on the heavier side all my life, never 'small' like the size I am now, but when I had my children, I gained a lot of weight. I lost it after my second, but when I had my third, I gained it all back and then some. THEN I got pregnant immediately following my third, never lost the weight, and had an accident during my second trimester with my fourth. Once he was born, my sciatic pain didn't stop, and I became less and less active, due to the pain, which didn't help my weight, which made it worse on the pain, which got me depressed, so I ate more, naturally gaining more weight, more pain, more depression, more food, more weight etc. You get the idea .... I weighed in at 278lbs. the day of surgery! I'm only 5'4", so my BMI was like 47.8 or something like that. Some people say I took the "easy" way out .... but I say there was nothing easy about major abdominal surgery! It was a tough ride the first year ... learning how to eat all over again, facing emotional issues, never dreamed of being related to this! I would do it all over again though, if I had to. I have never been healthier, and have been able to maintain the weight loss! :lol: I keep active, eat healthy and not weigh myself! lol Sometimes I feel I go up, because my clothes get tighter, so then I just watch my intake and make sure I stay active. Here's a photo of me pre and post op .... wow! I went from 278 down to 118 (my lowest point) but then gained back to 130-135 (fluctuate depending on time of month) but have been stable at this weight for .... um like 4 years now? If I gain another 10 or 20 over the years, due to metabolism slowing or whatever, as long as I am able to remain active and health is good, I'm happy. But it's very tangible how people treated me differently post-op ... took a bit to get used to Danielle
  7. Blesdmomx4

My Family

Just sharing some pics of us, enjoy!
  8. My dad e-mailed me this photo today (I'm working on a family newsletter) and it's of my 5 brothers and I taken last January ... wow my hair was short! from left to right - Christopher #2, Matthew #4, John-Paul #5 (can you tell we're Catholic yet? lol) me #3, Mark #6 & Joe #1 - NO SISTERS! that just wasn't right The second photo is of all the grandkids my parents insanely took on a week-long vacation to Bush Gardens, FL .... hey, we enjoyed the break! :lol: from left bottom to right (gee everyone looks so Happy! lol) Amanda (my neice), Jackie (my oldest daughter), Devonne (neice), Dominique aka 'Nicky' (neice), Brianna (my youngest daughter), Christopher Jr. (nephew), Justin (my oldest son) and my dad aka Pop Pop ... I have no idea where my youngest child, Josh is, but knowing him, he probably was running around somewhere, refusing to stand still long enough for a shot to be taken ... he's our wildman! oh, last one is me working on my glencroft earlier today enjoy gang Danielle :o
  9. Happy Birthday! Party party :lol: Danielle
  10. Before we went to dinner tonight, I had hubby swing by Michael's (our local craft shop) because I needed more paint and varnish. (OH OH I picked up a couple of cans of stucco 'natural' ... I'm gonna try it for finishing!) While I was there, I also picked up some Fleck Stone textured spray paint, because I really wanted to do something with the fireplace exterior. Has anyone used this before? How does it come out? Thanks! Danielle
  11. neat idea! i thought about making shutters, or seeing if anyone makes wooden shutters for windows? i had shutters on my kitchen windows in va bch (i miss my house ) and they would fold open and closed, with blind-type openings inside of them. your blinds question reminded me of that. i'd love to see how you do the blinds! send pics as soon as you can :lol: danielle
  12. Those are all great ideas! I don't know, I was just going to skip the whole bathroom this time around. I'll see how it look at the end. I'm really torn with continuing to paint and decorate, or finish with construction. I know I need to get moving with constructing, but I am really enjoying this painting stuff .... here's a shot of me earlier today that hubby took. I straightened my hair since it's 'date night' tonight ... he snuck up on me with the camera ... :lol: I'm working on the downstairs fireplace trimwork. I just got some books in today that show how to knit, needlepoint and crochet rugs, doilies, (spelling?) bedspreads, etc. I probably will never finish this house with all the decorative distractions! :o Any tips on how to stay focused? lol Danielle
  13. :o Thank you EVERYONE for your advice and tips about the wrapping paper. I decided to go ahead and get scrapbook paper, since it is archival and thicker than the wrapping paper. I've attached photos of the stairs painted (may put one more coat on) and of the papers I've chosen for the house. The stripes look warped on one of the photos, so I got a close up of it. The cream colored-flowered one is really thick and the design is raised, giving it a textured look/feel. I really like that one! I've also decided the rooms I want. Downstairs will be the familyroom and kitchen, upstairs will be the bedroom and nursery My daughter Brianna was like, "But mommy, where's the bathroom?" She didn't like that it won't have a bathroom. lol :lol: I haven't decided on floors yet. What do you guys think, or have experienced with vinyl tiles? Good or bad idea? Also, since the paper is thicker, how do you suggest hanging it? Do I still need spray adhesive? Thanks gang! Danielle
  14. Jenny! WOW! Only 3 days? OMGosh! It's wonderful! I love the lighting, and it's your first house too. Wow, is all I can say. lol I'm still working on the Glencroft, wishing I could get to the store to get more paint at the moment. Kids started back to school this morning, I went in to take care of a few things, but had to come back to the house to meet the housing office people about some mold in the ventilation. We're in military housing, and a private contractor literally just took over management. We called weeks ago about this problem, but the military people didn't have the budget to take care of it then. He came by this morning, we have a leak in the wall, and it looks like we will have to move to another house. I have the colors picked for painting, but since the tubes are so old, and used, I won't have enough to finish what I wanted to do. I'm not supposed to leave the house until I hear back from housing .... *sigh* I'm itching to get back to work, especially since the kids are in school, but it looks like I won't get back to it today, until after school ... and that won't work. It's so nice to see your progress, and the AMAZING amount of work you've done! I can't wait until I am there too Good job! Danielle
  15. Blesdmomx4

Dollhouses

My projects!