• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Julie
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

671 profile views
  1. Personally I would do the RGT Eastside Townhouse. I am doing it now as a private residence, but think it would be beyond fun to do as an apartment!!
  2. It was a small case for miniatures (I got mine as a freebie from my local mini shop). Then I made up some spreadsheets to look like the earring display board and reduced them to the right size. The actual "earrings" are pieces of nail art (bought from the local $ store), glitter, bits of chain, thread and the like. It was a lot of fun to make, but it took forever! I averaged one side per day and all four sides were finished (the silver got some glue spilled on it so that is never facing out!) I needed a magnifying light, tweezers and a lot of patience! Glad you like it!!!!!!
  3. JuliesBoyz

Julie's Jewels

HBS Contest Entry 2010
  4. Thanks, Cathy! I also did the logo in the window. I had plans to make it on some carrier bags, but never got around to it. Didn't really have a spot to put them, either as the inside was sort of "packed"!
  5. The clock was actually a really ugly looking clip on earring! I thought it looked a lot better as a clock! lol
  6. Thanks, all. The stones are polymer clay. I took a couple of colors (i.e. a little brown and a lot of white) and rolled them together but left them with some variations, still. Then I pressed them out into thin sheets (maybe 6" by 12"), baked them and then broke them apart. By doing a bunch with different colors, I got a lot of variations in the stone colors which I thought turned out pretty. They were then glued on the walls and grouted with paintable caulk mixed with brown paint. Because of "raising the roof" I had to do something to hide the serious irregularities in the walls. I was going for a "Thomas Kinkade-ish" look.
  7. wow! They are all amazing! I don't think I would have known the veggies were clay if you hadn't told us!
  8. JuliesBoyz

Dollhouse rescue

Lucky find! Can't wait to see progress pics!
  9. Looking good, Stef! Can't wait to get home and start comparing notes! I think black or white would look fine. Another option would be two tone black and dark gray (but lighter than your stucco) That helps give the windows a little dimension.
  10. The other reason for doing diagonal would be to help disguise a room that isn't a perfect square ...
  11. So glad you are feeling better Patricia. Sometimes a distraction or purpose in life makes all the difference in the world!!
  12. JuliesBoyz

Post 17.jpg

your attic is gorgeous!!
  13. JuliesBoyz

post 19.jpg

What do the windows look like? Must be dormers, right??