• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Michal
  • Country
    Ireland

Recent Profile Visitors

478 profile views
  1. Just finished an young Ellie doll http://themodelmaker.net/ellie-toy-disney-pixar-up/ She is not in scale to the house, but another version character from the movie, the one I liked the most.
  2. I just finished sculpting characters for the house. I made Carl, Ellie and Russel. Carl was a little to big at the beginning but I resculpted him and need to add the fresh paint. Russell is already painted here
  3. Its incredible, you build it like a real thing with all those hidden timber construction elements. Thats crazy! you are my hero
  4. Thanks. I checked your blog and admire your dedication. You put so much time on this project already. I would be affraid to give it to a daughter when it will be finished in few years time :thumb: Up house is very easy when you compare it to your creation. Its only few walls with clapboard, I didnt have to glue bricks one by one. I will follow your build to see the finished masterpiece.
  5. Do you have any partcular furnitures in mind? meaby I could help?
  6. HI! My name is Michal. I come from Poland but I work as an architect in irish office in Dublin. I live here in Ireland for 5 years. I was always crafty person. I started building models and my own custom miniatures in primary school. I was a member of club where we built models of airplanes and kites. I sculpted, drew and painted inspired by passion for comic books and movies. I played tabletop wargames and created my own terrain pieces during high school. During university I made architectural models for my projects. I am building different models now, anything I have on my mind. I employ my favourite tool- laser cutter what allows me to put more details to my creations. I am also open for commisions if the project interests me. I try to document my projects at my blog.
  7. One of our new members is agonizing over making furniture for her 1:48 Tudor house, so any tips and tutorials you'd care to share would be most welcome. I'd love to help with this. Where can I find this post and pictures of furnitures this person is hoping to build?
  8. its so realistic and details so clean. Beautifull work!
  9. I feel dizzy or this house dont have any straight corners Beautifull work! very creative
  10. themodelmaker

My Garfield

Great work! How long did it take to make it? Did you hand cut your parts or is it laser cut?
  11. So small and so detailed. Beautifull work!
  12. Wow this is realy small. I didn't notice it at first moment. What materials did you use to make 1:144 version? Did it involve photoetching?
  13. Hi! I am new to dollhouses, but not newbie in model making. I made few buildings in different scales so far. I explored resin casting techniques and now it was time for dollhouse. Here it is my recent project, 1:48 version of Carl's house from Disney animation Up. I made it from start to finish, from plans to painting. Only furnishing left for later. It took me 7 weeks to make it. You can see my work on my modelmaking blog.