Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Please Select
  • Real Name
    Abbe
  • Country
    United States
  1. Hi everyone! First things first, here is the latest image of Belleview: And now for the steps to getting a lot in Belleview (and, tomorrow, Whitley Bay): 1. Choose the lot you want by picking it off the map. 2. Send me a message telling me the lot number, AND: a ) The name of the house to occupy the lot (if you've actually named it, please also tell me what kit it is) b ) The link to the photo gallery of that particular house IF you are the first house on that street, I will ask you to please name the street and pick your house number. Other house numbers will be based off of that one. Once I receive your lot request I will send you a confirmation. Lots will be first-come first-serve, so if the one you have chosen is already taken I will let you know so you can pick another one! FINALLY- if you have ALREADY chosen a lot and I have missed it, PLEASE send me a message ASAP with the information above (and mention that you've posted about it in this forum thread). Thank you so much!
  2. Silvyr

Dollhouse Country

Pictures for the community Dollhouse Country project
  3. Hi all, I am in the process of NUMBERING the spots in both Whitley Bay and Belleview to make choosing lots easier! I have errands to run this afternoon and early evening, but I will upload and post links to both maps later tonight, along with instructions to make the process easier. Unfortunately I don't have time at the moment to go back through the post, but I don't remember if anyone has actually reserved any spots in Whitley Bay or Belleview yet - if you have, please message me ASAP so I can make sure I have a record of it and know which lots you've already chosen! Thank you all so much! Abbe
  4. That really depends on the cat. When we first got ours, she had a parasite and after her first vet visit we were given two liquid medications to give her twice a day. It took us over an hour, twice a day, to administer them - and one of them we couldn't get down. Finally we broke down and got it in pill form, also twice a day, and it took us about 5 seconds! Cats really are such individual creatures!
  5. I pre-papered my Fairfield and was concerned about the same thing. I decided to use a combination of tacky glue (for wall-to-wall gluing) and wood glue (wall to floor) and I used a very minimal amount and clamped well with masking tape and clothespins when possible. I also checked the inside corners when I clamped and wiped up any glue that squeezed out immediately. Good luck!
  6. You're not alone; this is the only thing I have in recent memory that I can feel "accomplished" over and satisfied that it's done. I've been spending so much time on minis lately because it's the only thing I've been making any progress in whatsoever...
  7. Woohoo, it worked! Of course it's fitting that after a couple of weeks of brainstorming, I finally ask for help on the forum and come up with the idea myself only a few hours later... Thoughts? Suggestions for improvement? It holds strongly enough that minor shaking and tapping (e.g. moving the house) does nothing to dislodge the fixture, though vigorous shaking does make it come out. Thank you though, Muriel, for brainstorming for me! I'll be working on the tutorial over the next couple of days, as I put the house together, wiring and all!
  8. Muriel, I had thought of wax but my ceilings are papered so I was concerned it would leave marks. I like the disk idea, I know the craft stores sell some lovely embossed scrapbooking paper that would probably look quite nice. I have another idea that came to me last night, and I'm trying out right now but I'm not sure it will work... I'm taking a decorative cord and wrapping it around the base (or top) of the light, and gluing the ends together, then gluing the circle to the ceiling. When it dries, I'm inserting the light into the circle and seeing how it holds. My concern is that it's too slippery and won't hold the fixture, but a light layer of dried tacky glue might just do the trick...if not, I'll certainly be trying your disk suggestion!
  9. Monica, I do not. I have always coded by hand, however I do have experience with image maps (ah, the memories - figuring out exactly what pixel coordinates I needed in Paint Shop Pro! ) as well as the ability to quickly understand the code I'm looking at...AND a techie fiance to explain what I don't get!
  10. That sounds great, I'll PM you my email address
  11. The bulbs get a bit warm, yes, but not terribly so. They are made to go on Christmas trees, so they have to conform to certain fire standards so as not to burn down real trees (or melt artificial ones!)
  12. Monica, I believe the correct spelling is "Camelot"
  13. I've mentioned briefly before that I'm going with a custom-wiring job on my Fairfield - battery-operated, to be exact! I'm very excited about this, but now I need some help and ideas from the fantastic minds ya'll have. The wires will be running across the ceiling to the center of the room, where there will be a hookup for a light bulb. Then the light fixture will fit over the light bulb. The catch is that the fixture has to be removable, so I can replace the bulb when it burns out, or if it gets jolted out of place. Any ideas as to how I should attach the fixtures? Pictures of a fixture placed on an upside-down ceiling are attached: On a side note, would anyone be interested in a tutorial on my battery-operated wiring system? I was planning on taking pictures regardless, but I'd be happy to write up a full-on tutorial if people are interested...
  14. I was really concerned about that with my Fairfield, but I just wasn't happy with the way it was "meant" to be built, and neither was it! I went ahead and bashed a few things, because as I told myself, and as my fiance kept reminding me, anything you mess up can be fixed with glue and the pieces you cut out - or at least a little extra wood or foamboard from the craft store! Just make sure you have a clear understanding in your head of what you want everything to look like when you're finished
  15. Definitely! Flash is my weak point, but I'm a master at hand-coding HTML and CSS and I'd be happy to help with templates!