• Interests
    miniatures, knitting, crocheting, sewing, cake decorating,and gardening,

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Judi
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. I have lived in Poplar Bluff since 1976... and there sure isn't any thing here for crafters but the new hobby lobby...there used to be hobby store with miniatures but it moved on... I looked at the wal-mart here and couldn't find them...
  2. Rumor is that their building a wal-mart grocery only ,,here in Poplar Bluff,Mo.......thank goodness....because I only grocery shop at the superstore here..we also just got a new hobby lobby here..the only thing we had before was wal-mart..no craft stores or material stores...bought a lot of on sale miniatures and jewelry findings at the grand opening of hobby lobby 50% off every thing..
  3. thank you all for the help...looking at the site you sent Selkie..maybe I'll try that...I hate to have to order from the UK ...but if I don't find any thing else will have too...
  4. Hi everyone..I need so help..I won a bath set on ebay but it doesn't have any fixtures for the tub.and d.I would like to put a shower at the side of the tub..I found a picture of one..and emailed the lady that is doing it..but she said she bought the fixtures a couple of years ago doesn't remember where she bought it .....Judi
  5. Hi every one..need some help???? I won a bathroom set on ebay..but theres no fixtures for the tub I would like to put a shower fixture on the side of the tub..I found a picture of one and emailed the women that was doing it but she said she bought her fixtures a couple of years ago and don't remember where she got the shower... do any of you know where I might find one like the one in the picture.. Judi
  6. I want to say I really have respect for all of you who redo doll houses !!!!! Dropped the stairs to Thistle Manor and broke some of the pieces ..had to take apart (boy was that baby glued good ( used gorilla wood glue)) .....I used the microwave to soften the glue ..then cut some new parts out of scraps (glad I saved all of the scraps (read that on here)) I am now putting it back together..I thought it was hard the first time ..try the second time GRRRRR... Judi
  7. Holly .....your right they are hard to clamp so I got a block of wood and had DH cut a hole the size of the large acrylic crystal as I want to make more light for the Garfield..I think he use one of those things you put on your drill that cuts holes...
  8. Lene I used my Dremel... first I ground off the point on the top down about 1/4 inch then used a small drill bit to start the hole..then used router bit # 640 to make the hole larger and deeper you have to go slow ad not put to much pressure on the drill (crystal will get hot and melt).... l when I had it deep enough I took # 144 cutter bit which is for soft materials to finish the hole in the middle...go slow because the Acrylic will melt (ask how I know) ... then I drilled 5 holes around the bottom with a 3/64th drill bit .. I used 20guage wire for the arms but when I do the next one I think I will use one size larger .. I then put 3 led's in it..if you want less led's then you don't have to drill the center hole as big as what I did.... just big enough for the light to fit ...but I wanted it real bright so I used 3 and because they don't get hot they are safe.. after soldering on the wires and coating them ..(you could use shrink tubes) I glued a bead cap and a wire loop on top for a chain...hope this helps if you have any other questions just ask !!! Judi
  9. don't know why I put my daughters name here LOL..was suppose to put your niece.. daughters name is Angela (Annie)....Judi
  10. your Rosedale is so very cute....your Niece is going to say that your the best AUNT ever.. I was at my daughters thanksgiving and my granddaughter had me help her order the Garfield so we can do ours together this summer ..going to be lots of fun ..when she comes to visit we always have to make something this last visit we made a miniature bottle brush Christmas tree gluing in all that fern to make it more real.. kids who take the time to love crafts are so much fun !!! hope you and Annie get to spend time fixing the dh to make it a special time for you both... Judi
  11. here is the ornament I got at wal-mart for the chandelier it's in their in the Christmas section
  12. Holly..I think this spool of wire is 20 gauge... had it a long time... but if I done it again I would use one size larger ..used what I had on hand ...about being a pro LOL after 30 years you remember all the basics ... but doing it is another thing ..I guess with practice it will come back..plus my hands got old :medieval:
  13. Thank you so much Holly ..from you that is wonderfull
  14. Lene..click on the picture and it brings it up larger and you can see the center...Judi
  15. I found a package of 24 large plastic crystal Christmas ornaments at wal-mart and drilled out the center for the led lights ...then drilled tiny holes for the arms to holed the crystals..was all easy but the soldering ..(years ago I worked in factory doing soldering ( I hate soldering)LOL...but factory setup was way different )