• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Four
  • Real Name
    Wendy
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,506 profile views
  1. So, this isn't related specific to Minis but I hope you all will help my daughter show her love to her husband by getting photos of different states/ places. Your note should say "Chad, Autumn's love for you is so big, it has reached ____________" If you could help her out, take a photo and place it in comments. Please. PS if you can, try to include a monumental outside area of your state or place. If anyone is flying, can you do one "Autumn's love for you is so big, it has reached the sky" with window/cloud picture? Here's an example:
  2. Thank you, everyone, for your help! It is still telling me what it is going to be, and I can't fight it. LOL Excited to get started, even if I'm late. :)
  3. Hello, I have been gone for WAY TOO LONG! Many reasons, but I would like to get back into minis and seen that the HBS creating contest in going on again. I have an idea but...there was someone that actually did the same similar idea years ago. Should I keep thinking, should I go for it anyway, if you were starting this late what would you do in this situation? Thank you!!!
  4. Here is a picture of the house I am working on. Yeah I thought my blocks looked more like one inch scale. That is what I have always worked on. Thank you for your help!!!
  5. I love that fireplace also. Very unique!!! I can picture myself sitting in there.
  6. Thank you everyone for your help. I am so excited about this house and getting back into miniatures after a few years off. Going to play in paperclay.
  7. Me again.... Help!! LOL I have decided to make the exterior of this half scale house like an old block stone. But, how big do you think each block should be? I have been looking, but I am only finding sizes for cinder blocks. Do you usually eye ball it? Or do you have it based on the real life sizes and scale them from there. My block sizes are 3/4 inches by 1 1/2 inches Thank you for your help again!!!!
  8. This is the house. http://www.laserdollhouses.com/online-store.php#!/Ashley-1-24-scale-Dollhouse-Kit/p/19545224/category=8577029 I am wanting to go with a brick/stone/spackle look on the outside. I am planning on it looking old and run down. So, some cracks would add to the charm of the house. The problem is one, I have never really worked with half scale, and the house has a lot of trim (which I LOVE) but needs to be put on as you are building the house. Each piece fits in the second floor of the house. The house goes together great and supper easy. Just not sure the best approach for the paperclay exterior.
  9. So, you all have been AWESOME help as usual with my other questions. I am thinking of doing this house with paper clay bricks or stone on the outside. But, with this being a half scale house I am not sure if I should put it all together first and then squeeze in the little areas to do the brickwork but if I do that what about all the porch trim? Hmmm... Should I do most of the outside of the house first before putting it together and then when I put it together just touch up with more paper clay on the edges? Any help is very appreciated!!!
  10. Hello, I was wondering everyone's suggestions on painting porch railings lacey woodwork trim? Not sure what the correct term is. But with a paint brush it will take forever. ;) Thank you.
  11. So, I am super excited, I am getting a Ashley Gothic Victorian Dollhouse Half inch scale Kit and I can't wait to get started. But, I am curious, what is your process of planning your rooms, the design, colors? I have SO MANY ideas running my head I can't decide where I want to start first and what I want to do where. So, what is your planning process for your new houses?
  12. Yes, that is what I am talking about. In another thread on here "you" actually introduced me to this wonderful magazine/CD's. I have purchased several copies already. ;) But, I did notice that more of the patterns are in real life measurements. My brain is just not figuring out how to put them into 1/2" scale. Or would you suggest just scanning them and then putting them into a editor and scaling that 50%? (I think that is what I would do) Thank you for your help.
  13. Hello, I am new to this scale and TSC and I am wondering if someone could tell me how to adjust the patterns? I have been building 1" scale but my brain is fried from kids being sick for several weeks now and can't figure this out. Thank you!!!!
  14. Oh I would LOVE to sign up as well. YAY YAY YAY half scale. Just started my first house in this scale and would love to enjoy some gifts for it. ;)
  15. It's been awhile..... Life has been too much and thankfully it is slowing to an end with school. I just got my kit today!!! I am so excited to get back into miniatures again!!!!! I have missed it so much!!!! I have an exciting idea, and it is fitting in with what I am working on in RL. Can't wait to dry fit!!!