SMarieCarlson

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

SMarieCarlson last won the day on February 10 2012

SMarieCarlson had the most liked content!

2 Neutral

About SMarieCarlson

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    Pintsizedcuriosities.com

Profile Information

• Interests
    Nature, magic, art, illustration, miniatures (obviously)

Retained

• Member Title
    Addicted to Pint-sized Curiosities

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Three
  • Real Name
    Sara
  • Country
    United States
  1. Hi everyone I have to post pone the travelling doll 2012 due to my health. This past month I have taken a down fall, which required a blood transfusion. I am slowly getting better but I need to not have to worry about this. I have not made the doll yet. I do not know when the travel will take place or if it will. Sorry guys.
  2. Great just make sure you send me a PM with your email. So I can write it on the list for when I send out the "mass email" with directions, rules, and etc.
  3. yes a witchy baked good and confections is just what Melinda is looking for. (like candied cockroach cupcakes, Billy Goat Biscotti, or Melinda's favorite Chocolate Covered Termites.) anything like that. I am sorry you had such a devastation with Molly. I hope those types of things never happen again to anyone.
  4. Great to have you on board Linda. Traveling dolls are a blast. I sent one out a few years ago it was awesome.
  5. It is totally fine and I understand that it is a big risk to do a traveling doll. We did the one a few years ago and it was a blast. Luckily she returned home safely. Maybe it will just be a smaller traveling group this year. Thanks for the answers though, it leaves me not as curious of to why no one is interested.
  6. I'll have to think about it for a bit, In the mean time try to get closer to Gold.
  7. hardly anyone is interested this year?? Bummer. What is it the storyline, the doll, or other personal matters?
  8. I have to agree with KathieB. I think it looks great with just the black on top and then leave the dress unpainted. Don't forget the pearl necklace though.
  9. Hi everyone, Would there be anyone interested in hosting another travelling doll? Celeste (traveling doll 2010 I believe) is settled in and has decided not to travel anymore. One day an witchy woman came into her bakery and ordered 14 Lemon Meringue Tarts. They got to talking, and the witch shared her name(Melinda Pipkin) and wondered why the World of Minikin did not have any Magical Bakery Establishment. Celeste did not know the answer to this since she herself is a new resident. They ended up talking for a few hours as the tarts were made. Melinda decided to open a Magical Bakery and wants to travel the world in search of Magical baked good recipes before she opened her establishment. So she asked Celeste for help with making arrangements to travel the world in search of great magical recipes. >>Melinda's Profile>>> Here is where you come in. Melinda is a very outspoken witch with an her own opinion of things looking for hosts/hostesses to stay with and find recipes that she can bring back to the World of Minikin. (It would not be unlike her to cause mischief.) The rules are: This is only open to Gold members. (for Safety of the Doll) You must post to the World of Minikin Blog at least 1 time with a special magical baked good recipe and have at least 1 photo of the trip with the doll in the photo. If the doll gets broken in ANY way do NOT attempt to fix the doll, Send her home, I will fix her and send her to her next destination. You make keep the doll for 1 week only. [*]There will be a gift for each participant individually wrapped. They will all be the same so please only take one and no peeking inside the others. [*]If you so choose to send a souvenir or shipmate with the doll please make sure you send it in the souvenir part of the box. [*]Have fun. If you are interested in hosting this traveling doll with this story line and can make accommodations to Melinda's needs please comment below and PM me with your email address. I am planning on shipping her out late April/early May. (This does not mean you will get her in these months however.) I will ask for addresses once the date gets closer. So... Anyone interested?
  10. Welcome to the family Candice, one thing you will be quick to learn is how much this mini family cares for each of its members.
  11. Slowly but surely my window pieces are getting clearer. It is relatively thick. I think enough to be a scale window pane thickness.
  12. My dearly departed Uncle had a train set that was pretty massive. I think it was "O"or "O27" scale. He actually had an addition built on to his trailer house to set it up. My dad helped him build a train table that went around the entire room with a drop down bridge for you to enter into the center of the table. It was all set up with 40's- 60's nostalgia. When I was a kid I took it for granted and he would often want to have help and I thought it was boring. Now... I would spend everyday over there. Things are being sold very very slowly (there isn't much of a market for it in my area) and it is kind of sad to see the deconstruction of his baby. But I guess it is better to let someone use it who will enjoy it than to just let it sit and get dusty.