• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Karen
  • Country
    Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

703 profile views
  1. I though maybe taking off the balusters from the main piece and replacing them with more realistic ones, also adding newel posts. I don't want to make a drastic move and then find it doesn't look good. Trying to go for something eye catching.
  2. I am looking to do something different with the stairs that came with the Garfield kit. I would like to kit bash them but unsure what I can do. Is there anyone who could throw some ideas my way. I would really appreciate any help Thanks
  3. I am just wondering if there is anyone out there who has experimented with putting in the wooden winding staircase on the first floor of the Garfield instead of the staircase that comes with the kit. I am wanting to open up the space on the first floor abit and I really like the elegance of the winding staircase; however I am not sure how to go about putting one in. I do not particularily like the staircase that comes with the kit and do not have alot of kitbashing experience. Any help would be very much appreciated.
  4. Thank you everyone for all your great advice. I really appreciate it . I will see what I can do with the ideas you have all come up with and try them out. Wish me luck
  5. I don't think I can even begin to figure out how to make new frames. Its all so overwhelming right now. I was just hoping I could purchase alternate windows
  6. Actually I am not that far along, but I want to decide before I get to that point. The only thing that I'm concerned about is the thickness of the Garfield walls as they are only 1/8th of an inch. I wish TImberbrook still manufactured the working window replacement kit but that has long been discontinued.
  7. I am thinking about scrapping the windows that came with the Garfield kit and purchasing others. Is there anyone out there that has attempted to do this and so could you please point me in the right direction. I don't particularily like the ones that come with the kit and want to make the windows look more realistic.
  8. Hi Gabby, I just recently purchased the Garfield and I am getting geared up to begin construction. I noticed that you choose to use "hobby lobby" standard windows in your garfield. I have been told that it is hard to use purchased windows for the garfield because the walls are so thin. Did you find this to be a problem when you purchased your windows? Also, where is "hobby lobby" located should I decide to purchase these windows as well. I like the fact that they open, which to me adds such realism. I am located in Canada and I don't believe I have heard of hobby lobby before. Are they in the US perhaps? Anyway I want to tell you that I checked out your progress on the garfield and I think you are doing a marvelous job. I only hope that my experience will be as rewarding. Take care kaminiDHlover
  9. Thanks so much for the tip havanaholly. I know I didn't realize I was on the New members introductions when I made this post, and only realized it when I had posted it. I did repost on the subforum right afterward. You know making my own windows and doors is something that would interest me however I wouldn't know where to start. I still have quite abit of time to decide as I haven't started the Garfield yet, I was just trying to scout around and get some ideas and thought someone might know if the working windows for the Garfield were still available. Thanks a bunch though.
  10. Hi Everyone, Does anyone know where you can get Working windows for the Garfield?
  11. Does anyone know of where you can get Working windows for the Garfield? :lol:
  12. Ok! well now I have the 5 posts, and as soon as I get some pics on my computer I will make the album. Still navigating around the forum, so please bear with me. Will keep you posted.
  13. Hi Corwin, Nice to meet you! Actually I purchased my Garf from a place called "The Little Dollhouse Company" located in Toronto, Ontario. They have quite a deal going on right now and the Garf is going for $244.99. I was quite impressed with them, as they shipped it out to me in less than a week. I was able to get it for less than the original price with tax, shipping and handling included. I prefer to stay in Canada when ordering as having to go to the states can be pretty expensive, especially with the duty and all. Thanks for the advice on the wiring situation. I tend to be leaning more towards round wiring at this point. Sounds like too much can go wrong with tape wiring. I don't want to have to take things apart in the end if there should be a failure of some sort.
  14. Hi Lynette, I would love to show you the gowns, its a medival wedding so the dresses are not the usual cindrella type design, however they are enchanting in their own way. I am new to the forum, so I still have to figure out how to post pictures.
  15. Hi everyone, I am wondering if anyone can help me as to what wiring method would be the easiest. Tape wire or Round wire? I am wanting to electify my Garfield and I am absolutely green when it come to wiring. The store I bought my Garfield at, recommends round wiring and 1 of thier kits will do 25 bulbs; however they mentioned something about installing sub floors for better access to the wiring when the house is completed. Again I am totally in the dark. If there is anyone who has done either type of wiring and can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.