• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Donna
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

672 profile views
  1. Houseworks finally got back to me! Yay!
  2. I think they may still be part of them. Maybe I could try contacting HBS.
  3. Does anyone know what is going on at Houseworks Ltd? For the past two weeks I have been trying to contact them. I have sent 3 emails and called once and all I could do was leave a message. No response. I even sent one email directly to Nancy Van Horn. Nothing. They are part of a larger company now called Benamy. Maybe they are going out of business. Who knows. Any info is appreciated. Donna
  4. Maybe they have some kits to get rid of. The Foxhall has been on my wish list for a long time!
  5. Keep your eyes open for good deals on dollhouse kits at Hobby Lobby. I went to Hobby Lobby for a bottle of paint and walked out with a dollhouse kit. Must've been a return. Note on the box said "broken/missing pieces". For 36.00 I took the risk. Nothing broken but two pieces are missing. Wrote to RGT and they are sending me the missing parts. So if you do the math I basically got it for half price.
  6. Yes, they do have some nice houses. I saw their Rye house on Craigslist recently. I was very tempted to buy it but didn't.
  7. What about Robin Carey. Does anyone know if she uses Greenleaf kits?
  8. Are Greenleaf kits better quality than they used to be? I bought The Beaumont back in 1994 and the wood was very thin and splintery (is that a word). My Beaumont ended up in the garbage.
  9. So many dollhouse manufacturers have gone out of business in the last 30 years. So many miniature shops have closed. It's really sad that this hobby is not as popular as it once was. It was very popular when I was a kid back in the 70s. Soon there will be no quality kits to buy. We will be stuck doing room boxes only. I was just at the Bishop Show. Of course it was packed. But those artisans are mostly older folks who will retire and die off in the coming years with no one to replace them. I live near Chicago. There is not a single miniature shop left in the city of Chicago. The only one I know of is in the suburbs and the owner said she will be retiring in a few years. So I guess if you see a dollhouse on ebay or Craigslist or at an estate sale you better grab it (as long as it's not overpriced) because you may not have a chance again to buy a dollhouse.
  10. Hello, I'm sure this question has been asked and answered many times but, does anyone know if RGT is going out of business? They have gotten rid of many, many dollhouses. I just noticed Foxhall and Montclair are not on their website.
  11. Hi all, I'm selling my Little Orphan Annie Dollhouse. I just don't have the time to work on it. I want to pass it along to someone who will make it beautiful. You can find it on Craigslist Chicago. There are two LOA Dollhouses on Craigslist Chicago mine is the more expensive one.
  12. I just make sure I use enough of it. I mold it between my fingers first to get it real soft before sticking it between the light fixtures and the wall/ceiling. The stuff I have is old, like 20 years, so maybe the newer stuff isn't as good.
  13. I use Mini Hold. Its a type of tacky wax. Its not permanent so you can remove the lights if you ever need to.