• Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Donna
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

429 profile views
  1. Real Good Toys

I know, that's my problem also :(   
  2. Real Good Toys

Maybe they have some kits to get rid of.   The Foxhall has been on my wish list for a long time!  
  3. Keep Your Eyes Open

Keep your eyes open for good deals on dollhouse kits at Hobby Lobby.  I went to Hobby Lobby for a bottle of paint and walked out with a dollhouse kit.   Must've been a return.   Note on the box said "broken/missing pieces".  For 36.00 I took the risk. Nothing broken but two pieces are missing.   Wrote to RGT and they are sending me the missing parts.  So if you do the math I basically got it for half price.
  4. Real Good Toys

Yes, they do have some nice houses.  I saw their Rye house on Craigslist recently.   I was very tempted to buy it but didn't. 
  5. Real Good Toys

What about Robin Carey.  Does anyone know if she uses Greenleaf kits?
  6. Real Good Toys

Oops
  7. Real Good Toys

Are Greenleaf kits better quality than they used to be?  I bought The Beaumont back in 1994 and the wood was very thin and splintery (is that a word).  My Beaumont ended up in the garbage. 
  8. Real Good Toys

So many dollhouse manufacturers have gone out of business in the last 30 years.   So many miniature shops have closed.   It's really sad that this hobby is not as popular as it once was.   It was very popular when I was a kid back in the 70s.  Soon there will be no quality kits to buy.   We will be stuck doing room boxes only.  I was just at the Bishop Show.   Of course it was packed.   But those artisans are mostly older folks who will retire and die off in the coming years with no one to replace them.  I live near Chicago.  There is not a single miniature shop left in the city of Chicago.  The only one I know of is in the suburbs and the owner said she will be retiring in a few years.  So I guess if you see a dollhouse on ebay or Craigslist or at an estate sale you better grab it (as long as it's not overpriced) because you may not have a chance again to buy a dollhouse. 
  9. Real Good Toys

Hello, I'm sure this question has been asked and answered many times but, does anyone know if RGT is going out of business?  They have gotten rid of many, many dollhouses.  I just noticed Foxhall and Montclair are not on their website. 
  10. Hi all, I'm selling my Little Orphan Annie Dollhouse.  I just don't have the time to work on it.  I want to pass it along to someone who will make it beautiful.  You can find it on Craigslist Chicago.  There are two LOA Dollhouses on Craigslist Chicago mine is the more expensive one.    
  11. Emma

Such a pretty cat. I love how the stripes on her legs match up.
  12. img_1746.jpg

13. img_1745.jpg

14. img_1744.jpg