biomom

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by biomom

1. From the album: Parisian Townhouse

I'm happy with how these turned out!
  2. From the album: Parisian Townhouse

These are only about 1"x1". I used a gold paint enamel pen to bring out the detail on the frames.
  3. From the album: Parisian Townhouse

I'm going to love filling the house with my favorite artwork!
  4. biomom

1:24 side table

From the album: Parisian Townhouse

Another wood kit...I customized it with some pretty gold trim.
  5. biomom

1:24 chest & lamp

Tiny chest and handmade lampshade. Don't laugh...but the top of the shade was my experiment with using Shrinky-Dinks in a mini setting!
  6. biomom

1:24 Armoire

This armoire came unfinished so I stained, varnished and added my own hardware. Can't wait to fill it with pretty tiny things!
  7. biomom

1:24 kitchen stuff

Here is a little kitchen cabinet that I constructed from a cardstock kit. I customized it with the tile and "chickenwire" details. I also made the little bread box from a wood kit. So cute!
  8. biomom

1:24 Sleigh Bed

The bed came unfinished so I stained and varnished...plus added a little gold to the legs. I think I may still need to play around with adding trim to the sheets/blanket.
  9. biomom

Mary having Tea

Wow! I did too...even from the tiny thumbnail on the main page. Bravo! I love Downton Abbey...a good friend of mine works for Masterpiece Theater.
  10. biomom

scotland 099

Gorgeous! Love the exterior!
  11. Very timely post! I was just building egg carton stone walls for my townhouse garden. No matter how many times that I seal my stones (with mod podge), when I apply wet Andi mini-mortar mix, my bricks get damp and the mix is hard to wipe clean from the bricks. They end up having a more greyish tinge than I intended. Any suggestions, Brae?
  12. In Germany: http://devour.com/video/miniatur-wunderland/ Has anyone seen this? Amazing! :jawdrop:
  13. I like the trim as well. Looks more real and gives it character.
  14. You could try this cool tool: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/for-your-home/personal-color-viewer You can pick a style of room and play around with different color collections. I like the historical colors. You can also play around with lighter shades. Petite Maison is all shades of white. There is an "Off White" collection. If you find something you like, you can try to find paint samples at a local hardware store (mine has Benjamin Moore samples) and/or try to mix something close to what you like. You can also buy 1 pint samples from the Benjamin Moore website although that is probably not the most economical way to go.
  15. biomom

Bathroom plumbing

Genius (as usual)!
  16. biomom

Door

Great door (and project, in general!). Is the French sign a joke while you are building the shops? I'm assuming that you know that it means construction/building zone - public prohibited.
  17. biomom

Cake

Gorgeous! Amazing! How on earth did they create this masterpiece!
  18. biomom

exterior with roof

I love how this is coming along. I may add a dome to the very top of the roof. I spray painted the shingles to give them the more slate blue sheen that you see in Paris. I will be working on flowers for the window boxes soon.
  19. biomom

full interior

Mostly just needs finishing touches and furniture! It took me close to a year for this project which was good because I was buying and making kits too frequently. I need these more detailed challenges at this point. I'm even feeling brave enough to maybe try a scratch build!
  20. biomom

kitchen finished

Here is the kitchen pretty much finished except for a bistro table & chairs and extra little goodies like pans and glassware. There is a little fridge under the stairs. Storage will be an issue in this kitchen (which is typical of real-life Parisian kitchens!) I chose vintage posters for the artwork in here and for the adjacent patio garden that I am working on.
  21. biomom

living room right

On the bottom floor, I will have Impressionist paintings.
  22. biomom

living room left

On the bottom floor, I will have Impressionist paintings.
  23. From the album: Parisian Townhouse

I think I will go with 19th century paintings in here.
  24. From the album: Parisian Townhouse

I love my study/library nook. I used a Versailles pattern for decoupage on the plain bookshelf. I made each individual leather book using old leather upholstery swatches that I had from when we first moved into our house and were picking furniture.