biomom

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by biomom

1. From the album: 1:24 Craftsman Roombox

Full view of roombox minus the plexiglass front cover. I wanted to keep it dust free so I bought a regular roombox kit and adjusted things to fit 1:24 scale.
  2. From the album: 1:24 Craftsman Roombox

The entryway. I will still be adding more later. The rubber plant and little orange tulip were made by talented 1:24 swappers. With the exception of most of the plants, everything else was handmade or made from a kit by yours truly.
  3. From the album: 1:24 Craftsman Roombox

Entry close-up. The little book was made by a 1:24 swapper circa 2019.
  4. From the album: 1:24 Craftsman Roombox

I put together most of this furniture ages ago, waiting to put it in the right project. The topiary, flower vase and book are from the 2019 half scale swap. So many talented people there!
  5. From the album: 1:24 Craftsman Roombox

I was super excited that I happened to have a bunch of beads left over from other project that look SO much like Arts & Crafts art glass. There are also some 3-D printed sculptures from MiniEtchers.
  6. From the album: 1:24 Craftsman Roombox

Before anyone moves in.... This was a multi-year project. I love the Craftsman Arts & Crafts style but I need another full size dollhouse like I need a hole in my head.
  7. From the album: 1:24 Victorian Townhouse

Here are a few goodies from the 2019 half scale swap (Toys & Plants theme) added to this bedroom. I think I'm obsessed with that tiny Mr. Potatohead.
  8. biomom

study2 2019.jpg

From the album: 1:24 Victorian Townhouse

Uh oh. Someone escaped from the birdcage.
  9. From the album: 1:24 Victorian Townhouse

A new table I made from an Etsy kit from a super cool Dutch store run by Arjen. The "inlay" detail is amazing! Pictures don't do it justice.
  10. From the album: 1:24 Victorian Townhouse

Beautiful flowers added to the guest bedroom thanks to one of the talented half-scale swappers.
  11. From the album: 1:24 Victorian Townhouse

Plant on left from a talented 1:24 swapper. The game table was a kit from Arjen on Etsy. Pretty incredible detail.
  12. biomom

dining2019.jpg

From the album: 1:24 Victorian Townhouse

A few succulents added to the dining table thanks to the 2019 half scale swap.
  13. From the album: 1:24 Victorian Townhouse

2019 swap goodies added to the Conservatory.
  14. For a change, this one I think might actually be worth the price tag: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DOLL-HOUSE-RUSSIAN-PALACE-10-ROOMS-FURNISHED-BESPOKE/312259096732?_trkparms=aid%3D333200%26algo%3DCOMP.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20171012094517%26meid%3D2431befa630b41f0a72f82e84c3cb267%26pid%3D100008%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D273766434654%26itm%3D312259096732&_trksid=p2047675.c100008.m2219
  15. I totally agree with these suggestions. I recently found a fantastic 1:24 furniture kit maker on Etsy as well: https://www.etsy.com/shop/HalfScaleMiniatures?ref=l2-shopheader-name Shellie with MiniEtchers will even take ideas for furniture and try to make them for you! She's awesome. She custom made me a lovely desk and bookshelf (which I think are now available on her site). Petite Properties are awesome but keep in mind that they use a strong cardstock not wood - hard to wood stain realistically but can take paint.
  16. Yep, the Lisa is really big. I built it and have picts up in my gallery. One of my favorite projects. LDD do a fantastic job with laser detailing.
  17. On a separate note, I'm back to working on kits for my large 1:24 Victorian "Lisa". This time, I tried an alphastamps kit for a Grandfather Clock: http://www.alphastamps.com/p23037/Grandfather_Clock_1:24/product_info.html?osCsid=3660fc86686a728ba600b1cd4b012be6 It is cardboard construction so I was worried about painting/moisture but I managed to get it together and am happy with it. I used some parquet flooring strips to cover it in real wood. Here it is by itself and in its new home: I am also participating in the Yahoo Half Scale group swap this year. The theme is "filling the shelves"...which I hope to do more of on this project!
  18. No, they stopped short at making one create things like macarons out of polymer clay! One caveat to this project: Because there are no slots or joints in the construction, it is very delicate even when constructed with wood glue. I shipped it with professional packaging to my niece and there were some structural damages that I had to repair once it got there.
  19. I lived in France for many years (and visited Spain multiple times) - due to the close proximity, there is a lot of cultural (and architectural) cross-over - especially in the North of Spain. I say, go with what you love and is do-able technically.
  20. biomom

Ceiling tile test

Wow indeed! What type of machine? Is it expensive? I would LOVE to do this for my half scale projects!
  21. I'm trying to find a good home for this: https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/art/d/miniature-village-148-scale/6400639457.html I'm willing to sell for less than I listed if someone pays packaging and shipping - as long as they promise to give it the TLC it deserves. :-)
  22. biomom

IMG_5811.JPG

I got the kit off Ebay. There are others that are super cute...I might try them someday. I think I saw a cute Mediterranean villa once...