• Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Janet
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

2564 profile views
  1. Dollhouses on TV and Movies

I noticed it too! Gorgeous! And the movie was fantastic!
  2. Lamps from scratch

Those would make beautiful lamps...as long as they aren't too expensive, see if you can drill a small hole for wires in the bottom (assuming you want them to light up). Not sure what type of drill would work for ceramics. I'd be worried that a Dremel would break it. You might also be able to just glue/hide the wire against the back of the vases instead of drilling holes. If you want to paint/decorate, I would use enamel paints for longevity. Very fine colored lace glued on or sticker/decals can also be a pretty look. True2Scale has some pretty decals that might work well: https://www.true2scale.com/decals/
  3. Lamps from scratch

Holly, they were from MiniEtchers as well. I love her Eastlake collection. There were both 1:24 arm chair and side chairs: https://www.minietchers.com/store/p94/Eastlake_Dining_Arm_Chair.html Cynthia, if you want 3D printed lamp shades/harps to go with your vases, I am pretty sure that Shellie at Minietchers can custom print you some. My lamps from her have both round and square shade styles. Just email her from her website.
  4. Lamps from scratch

I did this but used kits from MiniEtchers. A half-scale example is below (more in my Gallery). Depending on what your mini vases are made of, you could make a hole in the bottom to thread through LED lights like mine. Mine are then plugged into a coin battery (hidden) with a little switch. The LED lights/switches/battery all come from Evan Designs.
  5. What would be your dream dollhouse?

Probably the real-life inspiration for Versailles: Vaux-le-Vicomte using Lawbre French Country dollhouse (dare I say it) bashed into it:  
  6. decisions, decisions...

Don’t hate me for throwing another in the mix...but if you want three stories: There are some cool (but pricier) options here: www.petworthminiatures.com
  7. Curiosity about 1/2" scale

For the office, it is attached under the desk (the desk itself was sealed up long ago). For the dining room, there is a small rectangle of wood glued behind the little Eastlake side table...that is where the battery is. For the spare room (in my gallery), it is in the hutch. For the small bedroom (in my gallery), it is behind the vanity. I needed to make the tiny switch and battery holder accessible but hidden. I have the rest of the house wired with ambient LED lighting that is hardwired through the house as I built it. But these lights were a later addition after the house was complete.
  8. Curiosity about 1/2" scale

Handmade lights installed! 1:24 lights are hard to come by and with limited selection so I highly recommend trying this out. It was also super economical to use 3D printed lamp bases and LED lights. There are also now super small batteries so you can hide them easier (I challenge you to find where I hid mine!). Here are a couple of installations - see my 1:24 Victorian Townhouse gallery for more.  
  9. study light.jpg

10. study light close.jpg

11. spare room light.jpg

12. dining light.jpg

13. dining light close.jpg

14. 1:24 scale Poldark series Chavenage House

WOW WOW WOW!!! Beautiful!