Olivia

• Last visited

0 Neutral

About Olivia

Previous Fields

• Country
    United States
  1. Hello everyone! So...I've been working on my Garfierld since Jan and it's going great...but now my boyfriend is inspired watching me assemble and tackle this project and after taking him along with me to our local miniature shop he got very excited and asked me if it would be possible for him to do a 1/12 scale pirate ship. I thought it was a great idea seeing as how we both just saw Pirates of the Carribean 2 (which was so wonderful) and we were both inspired by the idea. So I looked for kits first on Ebay...and although I found many Pirate ships and kits, none seemed to be available in 1/12 scale. They are all 1/77 or 1/100 and such. It would just be easier since we are both beginners if we could work in the same scale. So, I was just wondering if any of you know where I may find such a thing? I tried a general yahoo search and google as well, but it was the same results as Ebay for the most part. You guys are the mini pros and I figured if anyone would know....the wonderful people on this forum would. Thanks in advance to anyone that has any ideas or help. Sincerely, -Olivia
  2. Hello everyone.... I've been working on my Garfield since christmas and am proud to say that I'm almost done building and about to start wiring it. My theme is actually going to be an old antebellum home in the south during the turn of the century time frame spanning 1898-1917. I am a stickler about authenticity and would love to have accurate wallpaper patterns, furniture design, etc....but I have yet to find a real or mini website that can just give me some historical info on what was in peoples homes and the styles during this period. Most sites I've found havent been very helpful. I figure most of you have been active in the mini community longer than I and could perhaps send me in a new direction. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, -Olivia
  3. Hey there, thanks for the help everyone! I figured it out last night. I had a friend come over who has built a dollhouse before and after cracking our heads together and trying to figure out what the pourpose of the two random wood squares was, we finally figured it all out! Yay! So...now Im on to building the staicase in the next step. I'll have to take some pictures to document my progress, I'm so excited about getting into minatures. So far I'm addicted, and getting a copy of Dollhouse Miniatures magazine just got me that much more excited. I find myself looking at the clock at work waiting to get home to get back to my construction. Thanks again for everyones help and I'm sure I'll be posting more in the coming weeks to show everyone my progress! Sincerely, Olivia
  4. Hello everyone, I am so excited and glad to be a new member of your community....everyone seems so helpful here. I am a first time dollhouse builder that got the Garfield as a christmas present from my boyfriend this year. We have assembled the foundation, and so far it looks exactly like the first picture shown in the directions. I am now ready for step A3 but I dont understand what they mean when they say "at the step notch in foundation #13, flush with back end of notch, align one square step end square to #13. Glue to #13 and foundation base." Where exactly am I supposed to glue the square step end to? Piece 13 or the foundation? I think this is probly really simple and if I could just see a photograph or an illustration of how to put these kitchen porch steps in It would all make sense. does anyone have any photos or drawings to show me how they did this part? Thanks so much, any help is greatly appreciated! Sincerely, Olivia