• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Beverly
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

2202 profile views
  1. Hi Starfire. I was reading a post where you helped a great deal with paperclay on the outside of a house.  How do i get the finished look. Do I roll it with a roller, you know for the little stucco look.  Thanks 

Joanne 

2. Starfire has gone on...

Hi there, I'm using my mom's sign on to let her friends thru her various communities know that she passed away suddenly Sunday night. It was completely unexpected and we are trying to let the people that she enjoyed talking with so much know why she won't be posting anymore. I know that she loved to spend time with this group and that she found a lot of advise and support from it, both for mini's and for general life stuff. Please remember her in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks.
  3. extra prayers are needed

My deepest sympathy and prayers for strength and courage during this difficult time.
  4. What are you up to today? This week?

Hi Kathie, No, We live in a house built against a hill and the entry and garage is on the basement level. Our main living area is on the "second" level. Life would be a lot easier if he could but even then he would tempted to work out in his shop and I would be terrified for him with all his "Man"tools beckoning to him before he is ready. He is so stubborn and can become focused on a project to the detriment of everything else. Janet, I do not know about this. It would seem to be a smart thing but any thing to do with possible problems out side of the facilities does not seem to be of interest to the medical or rehab folks. While in the hospital the staff was attentive and on top of his care, once his release date to the rehab facility a couple of days later was determined they seem to disappear. The same with the rehab ward place. Rehab therapists are wonderful but the ward people are more concerned with paperwork or conversations with one another and do not pay much attention to patients. It can take up to an hour to respond to a patient's call. I realize there is a lot to handle on a ward but to ignore a call that long is criminal. And this is considered the best in the area! Thanks, I will cope, just needed to express my worries elsewhere so family won't panic. (After all I am woman, here me roar! LOL) I will have to lay down the law to DH and and make sure he gets them. The main thing that worries me is that I will have to leave him alone in the house for short periods of time to run occasional errands. He will be OK on our main floor as he can get from bedroom to chair to bathroom OK but he must not attempt the stairs without me or DD there. We have subscribed to a medic alert call center and he will have to carry this with him at all times just in case. He is getting better with time but he tends to over estimate his progress and ability.
  5. What are you up to today? This week?

It looks like DH will be coming home next Wed after spending two weeks in a local rehab facility with additional therapy to follow. He now has eight screws (we finally got to see the latest x-rays) in his spine and must wear a huge turtle shell brace with no bending or twisting for the next couple of months. He is getting around with the help of a walker and progress seems good. He is very tired all the time and says he needs a good nights sleep. (He's tired, humph!!! So am I!!!!!) (Now, forgive me while I vent please.) While I will be very glad to finally have him home, I dread the next few weeks with having to deal with him while he is essentially still so dependent on assistance though the intense period will only last another month or so. It looks like the follow on therapy means having to get him up and down a major stair case here at homeeach time we have to get there and that is a major worry. I have been running back and forth daily to the rehab place and while I am grateful we got in the door as it is suppose to be the best in the area I am continuously tried with all the tooing and froing. Sigh! No real time for miniing as I only have short periods unoccupied with chores or running.
  6. What are you up to today? This week?

I have been spending my time going back and forth to the hospital. DH moved out of ICU on Saturday and and onto the regular ward. The compression was much worse then the Doctors were expecting and they had a lot more complicated situation to deal with. He is doing really well and after two or three really down days his spirit is really up and he is working hard on his rehab. He moves to a rehab hospital closer to home tomorrow. We will see how he does there. He was expecting to come home after surgery and was not too happy at first to go to rehab. It took a few days to get him to recognize he was not as far along in recovery as he expected to be and there was no way I was going to be able to be his only care giver..
  7. Calling All Needlepointers!

I have ordered from Herrschners as well. I get their catalog regularly. Service is excellent but do not know how competitive their prices are. I have not shopped others for prices.
  8. My father in law was like that. He fell several times when he lived with us and had to be hospitalized and once or twice went into a nursing home since there was no one at home who could give him the necessary care. He hated it and would fuss a d curse us out. Only one he would listen to was his dr!
  9. Sorry to hear about your mum. Hope she is comfortable and prayers for you for strength and support.
  10. Congrats, Braden, I am really envious. Looking forward to your report!!!!!
  11. What are you up to today? This week?

Still no miniing but I am finally getting caught up on some rest. All the pre testing for DH's surgery is done and the major running is over. We were not able to bring the surgery forward and now have to wait for the original date next week. Have not been able to get much house work done for the past two weeks because of all the running and seeing to DH's needs so have been trying to concentrate on that this week. Have the electrician in today working on a host of several small things that needed to be done before Winter sets in, broken GFI sockets and outdoor driveway lights that were damage when the rock guys were here. Just have one wall air conditioner opening sealed up prior to the real bad weather and that will be taken care of tomorrow. Since the guys are running in and out I have had to shift my emphasis and have been tackling a few clean out and organizing of closets. My dining room looked like one of those hoarder sites since I had been dumping stuff in there "until I could get to it". My sewing armoir/cabinet in there is a total disaster and so that is my focus today. Once that is done, I can get on the rest of the room. Laundry next!
  12. prayers please

I know it is tough, been there many times. Hopefully they will be able to something for your fur ball. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
  13. Am I new? I guess I kinda am.

Welcome back and congrats on the weight loss and being a cancer survivor!!!!!!!
  14. Not what I expected

Lots of strong positive thoughts and hugs. While it sounds scary, at least there are possibilities. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
  15. A danger to himself and others

Good news indeed!