• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Dorothy
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

728 profile views
  1. Oh my -- *that* one! It's actually less than a 1:24 scale! Here's a side by side comparison. The big one in the middle is a 1:12. The smaller ones are about 1:24. Theone you're working on is the unfinished model -- and you can see how small it it in comparison!
  2. Hi, Pam! I think the puzzle house you are working on is one with lots of pictures in the gallery and, if I'm right, it isn't a 1:12 scale. More like a 1:24 (half an inch equals one foot in real life). There are a lot of much better pictures, but here's one I did: Is this what you're working one?
  3. That's all I use!I make dollhouses for enthusiastic and rather rough granddaughters. I expect, as they grow, they will be interested in decorating their houses themselves, and maybe then the real thing might be more appropriate. But for now, the cheap solution is the best. I use glue sticks to attach the stuff and, with judicious use of an old credit card, have had no problems with bubbling. Glue sticks also present no problem with respect to getting the paper too wet. There are also plenty of thicker options with scrapbook paper, although I have found these to present less satisfying results than the ordinary paper available. You can also find oodles of terrific wallpaper patterns (free!) on line that you can print off on ordinary paper. They may require sealing, depending on your printer type.
  4. Judy, at Just Miniature Scale in Greensburg, would have all the contact info for the Greensburg show vendors, I'm thinking.
  5. I'm in the Pittsburgh area, but I don't think I have the qualifications for putting on a show. Except for enthusiastic cheerleading! When and what is the Westmoreland show? That's my county!
  6. Just got back from a dollhouse and miniature show where I won a furnished, painted, papered dollhouse! I created an album.
  7. DorothyB

Look what I won!

Just got back from a miniature show where, for $1, I entered a raffle for a furnished dollhouse. And I won!
  8. Sherry, that's utterly adorable. Good work!
  9. Still knitting -- gotta get back to the dollhouses!
  10. DorothyB

Miscellany

Not necessarily dollhouse related
  11. Kabrina, which house did you get? Mine all had staircases. My daughter's Michaels store (Ann Arbor, MI) told her they restock them at Christmas.
  12. Cheap, I'm afraid. Stuff from a local craft store, not a real yarn store. It only took four balls of yarn, but my granddaughters are hard on their clothes, so I couldn't justify paying for anything really good.
  13. All mini work came to aa screeching halt yesterday, when I got a calendar pop-up reminding me of a granddaughter's fifth birthday in a few weeks. So I whipped up a sweater for her:
  14. I've made four. I've been haunting my two local Michaels stores to find the furniture kit or the one house I don't have, but no luck. I have two I haven't done -- the fantasy castle -- one of which I started, but there were broken pieces which was distressing. I didn't prime any of them, but had todo at least two coats of paint -- this wood sucks it up! As for wallpaper, I think it would be well nigh impossible to do accurately after the build. Here's what mine look like (don your sunglasses!):