• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Laura
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

581 profile views
  1. Your thread title made me giggle (SCREWING Twice, lol)! Now back to your regularly scheduled program. You can always count on me for a bit of inappropriate humor.... Good luck on the build!
  2. Thanks Roxie and Havana: I just sanded the floors (lightly) and put the first coat of pecan stain on them. It looks gorgeous! Well worth the extra work! Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions!! I love this forum
  3. Thanks for the advice. I will probably use Minwax Poly Shades to darken the floor up a bit!
  4. Hello Everyone, I have been away from dollhousing for awhile but just got the Victorial Cottage Jr. special edition kit. It comes with grooved floors already and I am just wondering if I have to do anything to finish them or simply leave them as they are? They seem to have a very thin layer of varnish already and was wondering if anyone else doing the project ran into the same issue? Thanks
  5. Thanks Merri - that looks insanely easy. I see a lot I can still do with an old bed I just tried to dress as well. Pictures will be forthcoming!
  6. Hello All: Here is a picture of my House of Minatures canopy bed I purchased. It didn't come with any fabric, and I have no idea how to go abour sewing fabric for the canopy or the bedspread. I thought I would ask everyone here, since I have seen so many of you do such a fine job with making bedspreads. Any help anybody could give would be greatly appreciated, and is greatly needed. ~Laura
  7. I use contact cement for almost anything I do with dollhouses (with the exception of installing the plastic in windows). It hardens like 'cement' and you have the option to put a little glue on two pieces you are trying to attach, wait about 20 minutes, and then attach for an instant bond, or glue and stick it together until dry. The latter of these allows you ample time to redjust the pieces before the cement sets.
  8. I am working on the first of 30 boxes of House of Miniatures furniture kits I purchased for my San Fran on Ebay for a steal! I will be having fun literally for months! Its peanut butter jelly time!!!
  9. At this angle, it seems as if that part of the arbor would make a great art deco headboard for a bed!
  10. The tower is a pain in the a**! I think it will probably always be a little crooked. I am not sure yet of how I managed to jury-rig it on there will affect the rest of my build...
  11. Working on my San Fran third floor bathroom. The walls are handpainted by me and I also made the chair rails out of balsawood. The floor is a pattern I took off of overstock.com and printed on a piece of canvas I cut into an 8.5 x 11 inch piece of paper and then sprayed with Super Gloss. I am trying to find some nice victorian bathroom furniture for it, and may build a sitting bench or a decorative platform for the bathtub to sit on in the bay window area. ~Laura
  12. I went into Sherwin Williams and asked if there were any discontinued wallpaper sample books they weren't using. He went to the back and came out with four of them. Luckily I got there in time as they were in the trash can and had to be fished out. You can also buy them on Ebay. With Ebay, you can pick and choose which one you'd like, but with going into the stores you take what they give you (not that I haven't found some fantastic wallpapers among the ones I was given, of course).
  13. I actually went with the Elmer's Glue and it worked wonderfully. I decided against using the contact cement because if there were globs of glue behind the wallpaper, my ability to squeegee them out would be severely limited. I think I will stick with Elmer's for my wallpaper needs from now on!