About LifeUponTheWickedStage

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Amanda
  • Country
    United States/Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

1,503 profile views
  1. Hi Delma. You found a great place to exchange ideas, and learm amazing techniques. I'm warning you thought. This places is addicting. Be prepared to take your dollhouse to the next level because with so much talent and help on here, it hard to think in the box! Welcome!
  2. Thanks ladies! I think I'm going to do a little of everyoneones. They are very pronounced slats so I'm going to sad it down a little and then even it out with drywall. I'm also thinking I'm going to use a cake decorating piping back and pipe mud into the divets and then go over it with a credit card to smooth it out! Hmmm... hopefully it works haha! Thanks again!
  3. Don't be scared to get dirty with dollhouses. Its half the fun. I was a little intimidated when I got my couldn't even lift the box for my first kit ( which was about a year ago ) but its an amazing feeling to build something with your own two finely manicured hands. I know a lot of the husbands help but I've told my hubby to keep his mitts off. I love the feeling of accomplishment when its all built, and I DID THAT! Just take it slow read the directions a couple times till you fell comfortable, then put everything together with out the glue ( dry fit ) and then decide whats needs to be painted and wallpapered. I find it easier to get it all decorated before I glue it together. Good luck girl!
  4. So I've got about 16oz of paperclay burning a hole through my craft table but I'm a little scared to take the leap and cover my house in it! The walls are the milled siding, but I want to make the bottom half paperclay stone. So here are my questions, you can answer any or all, but all your combined expertise will get me through his rut, I just know it! 1. Do I need to fill in my siding so that the paperclay is smooth? What is the best technique to achieving a nice even look? 2. I tried paperclay before and there was some major shrinkage. I'm not sure if it was too think or if thats normal, so how do I cover an entire surface without it shrinking up on me? And if it is normal to shrink up do I just fill it in later? 3. Are there any step by step tutorials on covering houses in PC, that show step by step how to do it. ( Not just the before and after shots ) Videos would be even more amazing. Thanks for all your help! Amanda (PS This is my 12 Grimmauld Place Project so you can check my gallery to see what I'm talking about )
  5. Well after too long of a hiatus, I'm back at the mini making. I'm switching off between my Victoria's Farmhouse, which is more realistic, to my Harry Potter inspired 4story. For being pretty new to minis I could say I feel great about what I've done so far. But let me tell you, you all are so talented in this forum, that its hard to not get intimated. Plus with a one year old and a new house money is tight. So my crafts have to be EXTRA creative so not to break the bank. I'm currently trying to design in my head/ figure out how to make magical, is Sirius Black's kitchen. I've already started making food for decoration. And I want to build shelves, and liter it with plates and potions, and recipes. I also need to decide what rooms I want to include in the house. I know I want to do Sirius and Regulas's rooms, as well as the family tree walls room, kitchen, Living room, Entry, and bath. I think thats all I'm going to get. But thats sure a lot of such a teenie house. I'm also starting to look for furniture for my VF. I'm closing in on the final bits of interior work, so furniture seems like the next step!
  6. LifeUponTheWickedStage

12 Grimmauld Place

Transforming the DuraCraft San Fran into Sirius Black's house :D
  7. Man have I had a hard time posting this. Computer issues I guess. But I'm back and feeling very guilty for dissapearing for a large chunk of the year. I blame being a first time mom to a one year old who fears NOTHING! Its not a normal day if the kid doesn't get hurt once. I'm considering investing in one of the sumo costumes so he's got some extra padding ;) . Anyways back to Sirius's house! I started playing around with FIMO clay. I've made some fruits and veggies, and continued into the HP world. The next photo is a Troll foot umbrella stand I'm thinking of going over it with some stain, and ploy and stipple it to make it look like skin. In the background you can see the floors, which I stained a darker color, and the wallpaper that I'm still working on. Next was probably my favorite thing I've done with clay. I made some shrunken elf heads. Its just scrap wood from a laser cut set, stained, and once I made the heads and baked them I glued them to the wood. I'm going to also eventually make little copper plaques with names of them. My next clay project was a totally improv. The roof of the tower had a giant hole in it so I made a fun little steeple thingy. I just added clay to a broken paintbrush handle and set it in there with a bunch of woodglue. I'm thinking of making it look like metal. Not sure which one, cooper ( greening or not) , shiny black, or silvery. I'm going to try to make snakes a very pronounced but understated theme of the house ( Slytherin it up ). So my first snake it wrapping around the weird middle window that I hated. I'm going to do the same metal treatment as the turret. I also made some stainglass with a coloring book from Michaels. In greens of course. Next, I took a cheap Hobby Lobby pie cabinet, took of the metal fronts and added some of the HL little bottles full of various spices and colored waters. I also attempted some clay books. Its hard to see how they turned out but I'll definatly make some more. They turned out super darling. You can also see it that pic that I stained the floor in two different colors. Unfortunatley there was some bleeding but nothing intense. Finally is the outside's color. It seems a little blue in the pic put its grey. Whereever its still yellow is going to be paperclay brick. I'm still unsure of how I want the outside to look. I'm just playing it by ear. I'm thinking I was to distress the grey, but since I just did my base coat I have some time to think about it! Let me know what you think. I'm really curious to see if anyone reads this haha. Have an amazing day!
  8. Hello all you Harry Potter lovers out there! I'm pretty much brand spankin' new to the dollhouse building universe, so I'm expecting more than a couple bumps along the way in making my recently aquired DuraCraft San Fran into the home of Sirius Black from Harry Potter. My hopes for this house is that its going to be as close to the movie as possible. There are some very key things in his home that I'd like to include, such as the family tree tapestry, shrunken house elf heads, evil looking portraits, and beautifully broken kitchen. Its going to be ALOT of work, and I'm sure alot of mistakes, but hey thats how you learn. This is going to be my first attempt at... adding on to a dollhouse, moving windows and doors, full walls of paperclay, sculpting of ANY kind, and making my own furniture. I'm sure there's more but I don't want to intimidate myself too much! I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing... let's just saw I'm going to need more than a little magic to make this thing look how I see it in my head!!!!
  9. My main goal this year is to be more organized. I think that has been my goal since I was 16, but hey I'll get it one of these years. I'd also love to audition for some bigger theater productions. I used to have no issues of that in my teens, but since I got married and had my son I'm worried all these other girls will run circles around me. I'd also love to start finishing projects I start. I have so much in my head to make that I jump ahead without finishing the last one. This year I'm finishing it all! I also make homemade all natural soaps, I'd love to do a craft show and sell some!
  10. Hoarding is only a problem when the hoarder feels help back by the amount of stuff they have... I doubt ANY of us feel trapt by our amount of VERY VERY useful things. :thumb: I personally love my habit!
  11. New Here: Do you all get the same house at the same time? What is this springfling thing. Can someone explain this to me please
  12. Mine was spot on... DOER, which included a whole bunch of engineering jobs and I was like NO way. This is way off all kinds of hardcore jobs, then second to last DANCER! BAMMMM spot on spooky test! I was a championship irish dancer!!! My second was a Researcher which is totally me. I swear I could read an encyclopedia every night before bed!
  13. Yep I'm adding it to the San Fran. The walls are thin but the base is like 1/4" and thats what it needs to match up. Are there different kinds of plywood?
  14. I'm adding a basement to a rehab I'm doing, and eventually I'm hoping to make a house from scratch. So what form of wood do I use. I was thinking like 1/4 ply, but not sure. Then do I use a jigsaw. I don't have any fancy tools so I'm looking for a beginners guide to this! haha ( There are a TON of emotioncons ) Please and thank you!
  15. I got my Victoria's farmhouse from Hobby Lobby for $70. I just went when all there dollhouse stuff was 50% off. The painted Lady was like $85!