• Rank
    Mini Collector/Hoarder
  • Birthday 10/19/67

Contact Methods

• ICQ 0

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Utah
  • Interests dollhouses, miniatures, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music, watching movies, internet, collecting Tonner dolls and Wilde Imagination dolls! I just started collecting resin BJD dolls! (ball jointed dolls).

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Margarita
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

4144 profile views
  1. I finally got a Bostonian!

So excited, after all these years I finally got a Bostonian dollhouse!  I found a pre-built one on the local classifieds. It needs work but I love the colors. I will take photos this weekend to post. love the colors, gonna have to find similar paint and repaint it. The interior is untouched, so no problem with removing old décor!   Anyway, I moved to a new place about 8 months ago. My dollhouses were stored in the garage until last month. I now have them upstairs in the spare bedrooms. Definitely in the mode of dollhouse building. started on a kit last week and primed it a couple of days ago.    Yay!
  2. What's everyone working on?

I love the glencroft, I have built two of them!!!! you have to get one!!!  
  3. What's everyone working on?

I live alone in a 3 bedroom house with a partial basement. the unbuilt kits and some unfinished houses are in the basement. the two spare bedrooms have all the large and small built homes and the under construction homes and there are two under construction dollhouses in the small front room. I have the lily on the kitchen table and the garf is currently living on top of the dogs kennel in the kitchen. LOL. I have 4 room boxes in various stages of completion in the family room and the garf windows are currently on the coffee table in the family room ;) so there is stuff in almost every room in the house.
  4. What's everyone working on?

so yesterday, I searched everywhere for my staircase pieces for the Garf....I was looking for stained pieces. silly me. I had not stained them and everything was sitting inside of the Garfield where I left the items. ....so I stained them. LOL. can't make any progress without the stairs. I need to cut openings to fit so until they are put together that part of the project is on hold. I am doing a kit bash like the one I did on this house before. (I sold that one because I didn't think I would ever get around to it,, those staircases were stained and glued together )....anyway, I did stain the wood a different color this time. went with gunstock instead of red oak. .everything I do stain is red oak so I needed a lighter change.......I did start painting the windows a 2nd coat of paint but only got thru half of the windows. so glad I got the window upgrade kit for this house years ago     I also worked on the Lily a little bit. This house is so close to being done. just need to install the floors in the attic then polyurethane all the wood/ wood flooring. I need to touch up the exterior trim paint then put a matte finish sealer on it. still haven't taken photos of this house for some reason.   I bought the Diana 1/12th scale kit yesterday....cant wait for it to arrive!!!
  5. What's everyone working on?

I am putting together the staircase for the Garfield. prolly will cut a few of octagonal window sites in the dollhouse as well. :)
  6. Hello From Utah! :)

I didn't know you lived in Utah   I'm up in Clinton. I remember the dollhouse shop in salt lake, maybe murray? it's been a lot of years since I've been there but it was like on 700 east or that area. I went in there once,before I was into dollhouses. I was trying to find anything I could use for a Barbie diorama that I had always wanted to make but never did...lol. ....I still have the few miniatures I bought from them. there is an online store in draper, I haven't purchased from her in a few years, but she was always nice and helpful . http://www.enchantedminiatures.com/. i'm sure you already know about this, but just in case  
  7. Hello From Utah! :)

Holly I was thinking back the other day...I graduated 20 years ago. I cannot believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Hello From Utah! :)

Deborah, i'm a nurse as well I work in Dialysis
  9. Hello From Utah! :)

Hi and welcome! i'm from Utah too! up near Hill AFB. dollhouses are great projects to work on while you are recovering, just take it easy tho and don't overdo it or you will be miserable. this forum is great for helpful hints and eye candy! have fun, spend the first part of your recovery looking for ideas and write them down, save photos to look at to give you an idea of the direction you want to go in! Welcome Margarita
  10. image

haven't seen your qa for quite awhile, I forgot how beautiful it is!
  11. Attic in progress

I think this is my favorite Garfield so far! I need to get going on mine
  12. IMG 9546

I think Sunny is my favorite of the Lati's I have two more lati's on layaway, hope I will get another Sunny at some point
  13. IMG 9423

Yes, I will be getting a body soon Thanks for the name ideas!!!!
  14. IMG 9423

Yes, they are like this ;) that is what draws me to them. there are a lot of different lati yellows and each has a different look to her face. she sadder she looks, the more I seem to like her...lol
  15. IMG 9536

From the album Roombox

backside of the hallmark ornament dollhouses. they come with the contents attatched inside.