~morningstar~

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by ~morningstar~

1. The only place I can keep the Garfield is in our "dining room". Our apartment is tiny. The only way we would ever be able to get her out of the house, is through either the front door, or out the slider door and over the balcony (which I don't relish that idea).. She is too wide to fit through the interior bedroom doors, otherwise she'd be in my bedroom. She sits in the corner of the dining room (which is supposed to be the living room).. if that makes sense. ~morning
  2. kat57, I talk to Daddy every day. Some days we talk for hours. Some days we talk 4 or 5 times in the same day. I call him as soon as I wake up and I am the last voice he hears before he goes to bed. I am his oldest child. He tells me he is very proud of me, because I am still here. I'm sober, and I'm not afraid to love again, in spite of everything that's happened in my life. Can't let it keep me down, right? I'm going to visit him this coming summer, if I can get out there. *huggggggggles* <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 ~morning
  3. What are you looking to trade for the Allison? ~morning
  4. how much would you charge to make one? <3 ~morning
  5. *picks kat57 up and puts her in her lap and hugs her gently* You do not sound awful. You sound honest. If you're unhappy, then you're unhappy. At least you're telling the truth, instead of hiding behind a line of crap. You know? I'd rather hear the truth and know what's going on, then hear a line of nonsense and think you're ok when you're not. I'm sure the others feel the same way. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 I'm here if you need someone to listen hon. ~morning
  6. I've been trying to decide whether I'm up to working more on mine tonight or not. After taking my pain pill, I'm not really up to it.. I can feel it kicking my butt, but I really want to work on the dollhouse. I want to get the walls up, but I know what will happen if I try to put them up. I will mess something up. I know me.. So I have to leave it alone until tomorrow, or the next day. At some point in the not too distant future, I will get them up, with everything in place. <3 ~morning
  7. Kat, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. That is clearly an unfortunate situation. My father will listen if I stress the importance of him getting his butt to the the hospital and getting it checked out if something doesn't feel right. He's had several heart related incidences and a few heart attacks. Some of his heart muscle has died and he is on the the heart transplant list, but we aren't holding our breath. I keep praying that he'll live long enough to meet his grand children, spend some time with Mom and then maybe... just maybe spend some time with me, before the Powers That Be, take him out of this world. My heart goes out to you, though... I don't wish anyone to lose a parent before they are ready to. My Beloved has lost both his natural father and stepfather and his natural mother. I was there when his mother passed.. I was holding her hand, when she left us. His stepfather passed 18months (almost to the day) later. :\... I remember telling him not to worry, I'd share my mother with him.. (My father wasn't in my life at the time). My parents are 69 & 70. Mom & Dad respectively.. *huggglesnloves* ~morning
  8. Congratulations to the winners!!! WELL DONE to all who participated!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 ~morning
  9. I love scarves of all kinds. Anything to keep me warm. Any color!... : <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 ~morning
  10. sometimes my hands shake, when they do, I do what other artists who paint and draw do, I use a mahl stick where applicable. <3 ~morning
  11. ~morningstar~

side view

BEAUTIFUL! I love this one!!!! I am a big fan of piano in the first place, but this is incredible!!! GREAT JOB!!!! ~morning
  12. It was fairly beautiful out today. Warm enough that the boychild (he thinks he's a man (he's 23)) griped about it being too hot. I think it actually got up to about 65 today. The sun was shining and it was warm enough that I didn't really need a jacket but I get cold easily so I wore it anyway. Now the sun has gone down and it's starting to cool off some more. It's a good thing though. Seems like everyone is out doing last minute shopping LOL. ~morning
  13. havanaholly, my goodness Lady.. You've just gotten some difficult stuff! I used to get migraines nearly every day. On a scale of 1-10, usually about an 8 to 9 the worst would be 10 and it would send me to the ER, though it never would blind me.... The doctors had no explanation. They'd come on, without warning. No matter how many tests they ran, we never found the triggers. We eliminated various foods from my diet, tried different medications, tried changing environmental stresses, and they'd happen at random times. They spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on the tests... To this day we don't know why.. Now they have me on a medication that keeps them at bay. I am super sensitive to noise and cold/heat. I am also super sensitive to touch. I catch others' illness easily and bright lights bother my eyes. My poor Beloved loves me anyway, despite all of my sensitivities. <3 ~morning
  14. Bless you, HelenV. Helen was my Gramma on both sides name. You have a beautiful heart. Both women were beautiful and though I didn't get to know my father's mother.. I did get to know my mother's mother. She helped raise me. She was funny and smart and she was always there for me, right up until she passed...I called her every Sunday. Even when I was on my honeymoon, in Alaska. She was so surprised! My Gramma Helen was my favorite person in the whole world. When I was little, she'd put me on her knee when I fell down and she'd rock me until I stopped crying. She'd give me home made cookies and tell me it'll be ok. As I got older, when the boys were mean to me, she'd tell me it'll be ok... They won't be mean forever, and she was right. She told me that some day I'd meet a boy that would be nice to me. She was right about that too. my Beloved. I'm just sad she never really got to meet him. About the Garfield, it is awesome watching it take shape. I've been looking at the pieces I have to work on today... I did a lot of shopping stuff today and went to the bank. I had something I had to handle that I had been putting off because I hadn't been up to making the trip to the bank for the last couple of weeks. It needed to be handled before the end of the year, though, so I took care of it today... then we went and got the tarps to cover (we found some tarps instead of the shower curtains) at the 99cent store, and some other odds and ends.. roller brushes, a couple of rags, sponge brushes, a silver tray, and tooth picks. Stopped at the grocery to get something for dinner for tomorrow night. Don't feel up to cooking tonight. Too tired. And I have a bit of a headache. Thinking I am feeling someone else's.. ... <3 ~morning
  15. Roxxie, are you feeling better? I think I have your headache... I started feeling it at the grocery a lil' while ago. :|..... ~morning
  16. Thank you, kat57. She does just that. ~morning
  17. Amazing, Stacey.. I honestly think that's what did it for me. It took me 25yrs but here I am, finally in a position where I can devote time and effort to the building of it.. and I have the means to actually do it. *hugggs* from one dollhouse lover to another! ~morning
  18. HelenV, I wanted to "Like" your response but I'm out of 'Likes' for today. Thank you for your kind words. I am supposed to remove and prepare all the walls that have doors or windows today, so we'll see how that goes. FIRST, a trip to the 99cents store to get cheap shower liners so I can protect the $350 wool rug that is under the diningroom table. LOL. I don't want to damage that rug. We bought it as a wedding present for ourselves, when we got married. We still lived in our house, before the apartment. I'm just sad that we lost our house, otherwise I wouldn't be so worried about it. I'd have a whole 2 car garage to work in, LOL. Something my husband understands about me and needing workspace. I feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes here. He agreed that I could comandeer the diningroom table for my work area. So everything is spread out in the diningroom area. Whee.. Will have to get busy!!! Going to have to get dressed first.. Still in pjs. <3 ~morning
  19. LOL, she never gets left outside alone. She's always on her leash like a good lil' pup. We live in an apartment complex where the landlady would have a major meltdown if she discovered our pup off her leash, for any reason. We live in the breezeway apartment, and it'd be just our luck someone would snatch her and run.. She's my companion pup. I get anxiety really bad, and when I do, my son brings her to me and she calms me down. She's perfect for the job. When I had a major fight with my father recently.. it broke my heart, in such a way that I'd never felt like this before...my son immediately grabbed pup and brought her to me.. and she was all taggin her tail and lovin' on me and within a half hour I was calm and wasn't even thinkin' about Daddy. Was focusin' on the pup.. playin' with her. She's our therapy. <3 <3 <3 ~morning
  20. I'm out of likes for today apparently.. DARN!!!! I forgot that we get a daily 'quota' BOO!!!!!! It's so difficult to choose between what I really like and what I just sorta like because I really like a lot of things!!!! dang it! Anyway.. I wanted to tell you I really like the colors you chose!!! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~morning
  21. Thank you, CraftyMtnMom. I've still much to do, and there are a lot of little pieces to prepare. The instructions are confusing sometimes, so I have to stop, go online and look for videos or blogs, which is how I found this site. LOL I was looking for information or someone who'd already put this house together to help me figure out the stairway.. But I got the stairway done. It turned out better than I could have hoped for it to. Even with the closet door on hinges. Now I need to find all the wall pieces and get those ready to do a 'dry run' Much love! Have a safe and wonderful Christmas! <3 ~morning
  22. Thank you Roxxie2. she's a funny pup. ~morning
  23. noooooo no migraines!!!!! I'm sorry you're having to contend with a migraine, sweetie. Do you have means to treat it? I'm on a medication that keeps them away topamax... It works wonders. We've tried everything else and they were giving me toradol because nothing else was working, then they discovered topamax works to control the migraines... so my physician asked if we could try it. I haven't had a single migraine in 9 months time. I've been on the medication for about a year now. A neat side effect? I've dropped 40lbs. You're in my thoughts, sweetheart. Hope you feel better soon. ~<3 ~morning
  24. CraftyMtnMom, thank you, she was my pride. I think that's what infuriated him. I completed her without any help, from him. The Whitney and Allison are nearly identical. I can't tell them apart, to tell the truth. I was looking at a picture of a Whitney that was gutted, and I thought it was an Allison, until I saw it labeled Whitney. I think you'll have fun putting it together. I'd considered looking for another Allison, but decided not to. I thought it might bring back too many painful memories. When I finish the Garfield, I might look for a Queen Anne, or I might go the other direction and choose something smaller. I have a friend who completed a Queen Anne and it's gorgeous. I couldn't believe how big it is. It took him forever it seemed to finish it. I might try my hand at rehabbing one. I don't know at this point, I have to finish the Garfield first. <3 ~morning