~morningstar~

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by ~morningstar~

1. I have a friend who build the Queen Anne. He wants $6k for it. There is no wall paper, so you can deco it however you want. The wiring is already installed. Some of the lighting is installed. It's painted on the exterior. It's BEAUTIFUL. I cannot afford it, but if I could.. I'd buy it, and furnish it with only choice pieces, like Windsor Sackback Settees and Windsor Bowback Chairs, Windsor Fiddle Back Rockers chairs. Maybe some Victorian era furniture...something that looks hand made...but with excellent craftmanship... ~morningstar~
  2. More recently I've been getting some interesting responses from people about my 'work' with miniatures. They ask what are 'miniatures' and I explain doll houses, doll house furniture and accessories, dolls. They ask if I create the furniture and accessories and dolls, and I get to say 'I'm learning'. or 'I have books to teach me how' and 'I'm learning to create things for my doll house.' They get interested. ~morningstar~
  3. It makes me glad I don't cook much anymore. Usually, we grab take out, or something quick from the grocery. When something needs to be reheated the micronukerthinger.. my kid does it. Today it was soup from the grocery and a sandwich from starbucks. ~morningstar~
  4. Too CUTE!!!!! ~morningstar~
  5. ~morningstar~

Wooden shapes

the fancy rectangles could be turned into trays I like! ~morningstar
  6. Kelly, :console: . Please know we are here, when you are ready for us. In the mean time, take what ever time you need, sweetheart... Grieve, and allow yourself to mourn. You are in our thoughts and prayers, love. If there's anything we can do for you, please ask. Losing a furbaby isn't easy. Those of us who've experienced that kind of loss, have an idea.... We don't know the extent of your pain, but we know it hurts. Just know she's up at Rainbow Bridge with all the other furbabies that have gone on before their mommies and daddies, and are waiting until it's their time to join them. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 ~morningstar~
  7. Jean, I can understand the hurt and surprise at her lack of gratitude. Some people just don't get it. I almost got into a row with someone last night about 'miniatures' because they don't get what the 'big deal' is.. they think it's 'childish'. Well, to me, it's soothing. It's how I cope with 'idjits' Working with miniatures is how I cope with a lot of things. I lose myself in the work and I don't focus on anything else. Gives me the soothing I need sometimes from every day stress. Someone who doesn't do this, or has no connection to it.. wouldn't get it. Nor would they likely understand it. Their loss, I say. And thank you, hon. ~morningstar~
  8. Jean, the very fact that you took the time to do this says much about you and not much about your friend. Your friend likely knows very little about what effort it takes to make something like this. Smile to yourself with that knowledge and remember that ignorance is often times bliss. Kudos to you for not saying something. I probably would have. You have more grace than I. <3 ~morningstar~
  9. I'm in my 40s, and my Beloved is "allowing" me this hobby because it makes me very happy. My happiness is the one thing he really cares about. So long as I'm happy, everything else is inconsequential to him. He is a prince! I've only recently been really into this part of it.... like about 2 1/2 yrs or so.. because we've been busy with other things.. I'm glad I've been able to spend time learning about it. The rest of it started when I was a LOT younger. ~morningstar~
  10. I made the comment tonight that I work with miniatures and someone thought I was talking about working with "little people" and I don't mean children.... *headdesk, rinse, repeat*... I had to explain that I meant doll houses complete with electricity... Awkward conversations for the win!!! ~morningstar~
  11. Awwww CheckMouse, I'm so sorry love. Please know you're in my thoughts and prayers. ~morningstar~
  12. Welcome home Heidi! I'm kinda new here.. been here only since about the middle of ... was it December? I can't remember for sure. Glad to see you came back! I get kinda frustrated with building the house so I work on the furniture pieces for awhile sometimes... then I go back to working on the house... until I get frustrated again .. It keeps me working on them. ~morningstar~
  13. This reminds me of the Charmed house!!!!! LOVE it! ~morningstar~
  14. yeah, those pipes can get pretty heavy. When we had our initiation ceremony, (traditionally this takes a couple of hours) we had pipers and by the end, the two that were piping for us, though they did an outstanding job, you could see it took a lot out of them. I don't know how you do it. And I love me the sound of some bagpipes! Even though, I have a Native American father, my mother is Scottish & Irish. ... so I have a love for the sound of the pipes too. You just take care of you, sweetheart. You'll be back to playin' them in no time! Maybe I'll get to hear you play sometime. ~morningstar~
  15. I consider this... it's lack of knowledge of the craft that makes people say rude things about our gift, our love for our hobby. When we take the time to share, to educate them, sometimes we get to be pleasantly surprised by their reaction. I'm glad for you, Kat, that you had a positive reaction from the others when you made the room box for your mother. <3 ~morningstar~
  16. Thank you, sweet one. And I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! I saw that you mentioned this earlier, and I meant to address it.. I'm terrified of the pool! I nearly drowned as a child and am scared to death of going into a swimming pool, it took my Beloved a lot of convincing and promising him to be right there with me, every step of the way for me to even get into the spa with him when we had our inground pool and spa, with our house... No, I have a panic attack just ... no.. We have a pool here in the complex and I'm so glad there is a locked gate that is more than 6ft high around it... pools terrify me. I like lakes, because I can choose NOT to go near it. I like rivers because I can sit on the dock and dangle my feet and hold on to the dock. Pools, too many people splash and push and it's scary. No thank you. ... He took me to the ocean and had to bribe me to go stick just my toes into it... he promised me dark chocolate!!! and promised he wouldn't let go of my hands. ~morningstar~
  17. Jeremy, I wish you much success!!!!! Gloria, you are in my thoughts and prayers as you have this procedure. You'll get through this!!!! I believe this! Roxy, please feel better soon!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!!!!! <3 The rest of you ladies, Thank you for your kind thoughts. I have scoliosis compounded by degenerative disc disease and osteo-arthritis. At this time, my lower spine is in the shape of a "C". very curved and is getting worse. My primary physician is trying to keep me as mobile as possible by having me walk with the forearm crutches instead of the walker, because they force me to walk upright. The walker allowed me to 'slump' over further and become lazy. I didn't want to go anywhere with the walker, because I'm only 48. I'm 'too young' to use a walker. I shouldn't be (as my physician said) in this condition so soon. But due to my spine being what it is, the deterioration of the discs in between cause immense pain. I have 'hinges' in various places in my spine..... when the 'hinges' rub against each other.. it HURRRRTS!!!!!! They told my mother I'd be in a wheelchair by the time I was 30, IF she didn't put me in a back brace. She of course couldn't afford to do that, and insurance refused to cover it. I've already surpassed expectations and I hope to continue to do so, well past my 50th birthday! I am NOT giving up!!!!!!! One of the reasons I like working with miniatures is that it I get to work with my hands. I have ulnar nerve damage to my hands. Working with my hands allows me to keep my hands from deteriorating as well. Yes, I'm a mess! but I refuse to give up! I have a family that still needs me.. friends that still want me and a dog that loves me!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 ~morningstar~
  18. So with the elevator having been out in our building multiple times, and me being more and more homebound, my doctor and I discussed forearm crutches. They arrived yesterday. Today I will be practicing again... with them. We have to go across the street to get groceries. I supposed that will be enough practice for one day LOL. The concern is, that I will become wheelchair bound a lot sooner than I should....the hope is, I will stay ambulatory longer...*shrugs* either way, we're going to try this. ~morningstar~
  19. I *love* these!!!!!!!! ~morningstar~
  20. Thank you Dianne.... It's been taken care of. ~morningstar~
  21. Thank you Rose. I stained it, sanded it, stained it again, rubbed it with paper bag, stained it, sanded it, rubbed it and stained it one more time.. that's how I got it to look like that. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 ~morningstar~
  22. Thank you, Kat. <3 <3 <3 ~morningstar~
  23. Thank you, darling. <3 ~morningstar~