~morningstar~

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by ~morningstar~

1. Holly, I love you! I know, I've said this already.. but you answered my question, exactly how I needed to know the process! Thank you... as for the fabrics. I think what I'm going to do, is haul out the fabric tub and poke through it until I find something that feels right. The house is not liking the colors I originally chose for the fabrics for some reason... I keep getting this 'grumbling' feeling from her. So I'll take care of that part in a bit... in the mean time, I'll do the staining and then the polishing part at the end of the staining, before I put the furniture together. I think what is baffling me, is that the wood isn't shining at all, like the skinny sticks did when I stained them. I'm confused about this. *shrugs* Ah well. Thank you Holly! ~morningstar~
  2. Janet, I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. The others have echoed my thoughts already... We're here when you're ready to work on your dollhouse again. <3 :hug: ~morningstar~
  3. Someone mentioned in another thread about using paper bag to polish the wood. I stained the wood, then used a light weight brown paper bag ( cut out a piece 4x5in) to 'rub' along the grain, in an attempt to bring out the natural lustre of the wood. I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I did allow sufficient time for the stain to dry. I then applied a second coat of stain, allowing it to dry also, and repeated the process with a heavier paper. I'm still not sure if I'm doing this correctly. Is there a tutorial somewhere? Also, The piece of furniture that I am putting together is a small 'low back' sofa, like the one that is in the Real Life Miniatures/American Country Collection "Country Living Room" Kit I think. otterine has one pictured here: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=96734 Anyway, the wood I am working with is very thin and easily breakable. So I am having to go slow and careful! I'm a bit nervous about doing too much to it, but I want the furniture to shine pretty when I'm finished. I don't want to put a polyurethane coat on it, or any gloss... I want it to shine naturally! I am trying to decide what fabrics to use with it... the wood stain I chose is light oak. ~morningstar~
  4. Thank you Kat!!!!! ~morningstar~ ps: the stain, gloss, glue and paint were all dried up.... but the rest of it was ok!
  5. Havin' a par-tay! celebratin' my 48th b'day! well, we're near 'bout done now My idea of celebratin'? sittin' in the lobby waitin' in packages. ~morningstar~
  6. Still looking at the Allison, silently begging me to begin working on it.... The Garfield still has to be completed! I need wallpaper for thr Allison before I can begin working on her though.. because her process will go much faster. | ~morningstar~
  7. Hiya Rosebush, Welcome aboard. ~morningstar~
  8. Hi Elizabeth. Welcome to the group. I just LOVE your kitty! His eye say sooooo much!!!! Excellent job! ~morningstar~
  9. Hello Caroline, and welcome to our lil' group. We've got a lot of talent, tricks, and tips. There's plenty of fun and lots of good times here. Hope you enjoy the laid back nature of the group. We try to share what we know. ~morningstar~
  10. Hello!!! welcome to our lil' group!! you'll fit in nicely, I'm sure of it! ~morningstar~
  11. hi Amy, welcome aboard! You are quite the creative one, aren't ya? Glad to have you with us!!! ~morningstar~
  12. Hi and WELCOME! I'm with the others! Carpenter's glue, wood glue!!! Mhm!!! ~morningstar~
  13. Welcome... Welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay! Lots of wise ladies and gents here! ~morningstar~
  14. Hi Nancy, Welcome to our group! Do enjoy your stay! ~morningstar~
  15. Welcome aboard Mary, We are the cream of the crop, when it comes to miniatures and dollhouse assembly/disassembly. Just ask us. Just kidding. There is a vast well of knowledge here though. Holly, and the others can give you many tips and tricks on how to do just about anything! Amy's good at food creation! and the others each have their own gifts as well. ~morningstar~
  16. Welcome Linda, There's a wide variety of talent and knowledge here. All ya have to do is ask! ~morningstar~