~morningstar~

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by ~morningstar~

1. Denise, Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on the Garfield. I too am building the Garfield. It is my second dollhouse, my first being the Allison by Artply. I'm still in the priming stage of prep. I've been distracted and pulled away too many times to count, so she's not getting done as quickly as I'd like. Telephone Interruptus. .. Anyway, About lowering her over the balcony, I'd thought WE were going to have to do that, until my son and I picked up her foundation and marched it out the front door. No problem, she fits. Our apartment building was built in the 50s so they aren't standard door sizes. We were concerned she'd be too big to get through, but she isn't. There's enough wiggle room on either side. That leaves the 'moving' of her. We have a couple of choices. The box method that someone spoke of earlier, a sturdy wooden box, with styrofoam packing pellets. I like that idea.. We're still considering a second option. A similar idea, only a plexi-box with the packing pellets inside to keep her safe. We'll see, when it comes time to move. We just want her to be safe no matter what. Good luck, hon! ~morningstar~
  2. Hi Amber and welcome to the Forums! Glad to have you aboard! The ladies and gents here are quite knowledgeable about building dollhouses and just about anything miniature! ~morningstar~
  3. Welcome Biff. This really is a great group! Can't wait to see some pics of your work! ~morningstar~
  4. Hi Lara, and welcome to our group! ~morningstar~
  5. My Allison is sitting under the dining room table, waiting for me to begin working on her...The Garfield is sitting atop the dining room table, as I apply primer to her... I could probably sneak one or two more kits in, and my Beloved wouldn't know the difference. And WELCOME!!!!! to the forums Lady! ~morningstar~
  6. I love this episode. I've tried to watch it all the way through. The fates have been conspiring against me. First, I've had a half a dozen phone calls... I finally get about 10 minutes from the end of it, and the battery on my wireless headset dies... so I have to wait until it recharges, before I can watch the rest of it.... :|..... *bangs head on desk* Anyway, I think this is by far my most favorite episode of the Twilight Zone!!!! ~morningstar~
  7. I'm in NorCal at the moment, but headed to SoCal near the end of the month... Will be gone for .... eh.. a few weeks but the boy will be here with the mutt.. Gotta leave someone here to watch the castle, yanno? ~morningstar~
  8. I love the style of the Garfield, and the Queen Anne, if you could mesh those two, you'd have in my opinion, the perfect house. I can't explain it.. Something about the to that just makes me smile. ~morningstar~ ps: I also love the Allison..but that has more to do with it being my first dollhouse.
  9. Does anyone have any excess wallpaper they might be willing to trade, maybe? I mean like two sheets of this or two sheets of that? When I get ready to do the Allison, I know it won't take that much, because she's so small. And I'm wondering if anyone has any that they don't want, or want to rehome. Maybe I have something or can get my hands on something someone wants, to trade for? The Allison has 5 rooms so I'd need about ... 10 sheets total I think? I can't remember exactly how much. If that isn't enough, what I thought I'd do, is leave one wall in each room painted, and then just paper the other two walls. It feels right, to do it, 2 sheets aren't enough. Flooring, I think I have covered. Although, she's making me a lil' weary about it. She keeps whispering to me about the pre-fab flooring. She likes the light colors, LOL. I am going to have to 'recut' her windows (the plastic) for her. Anyway, let me know? ~morningstar~
  10. And I'm fairly impressed with your knowledge of bathroom history grazhina. I went through all the pictures and read all the captions. Interesting to note the time line for some of them! ~morningstar~
  11. Thank you, grazhina.. It's pretty cool to say the least! ~morningstar~
  12. My deepest condolences, sweetie. ~morningstar~
  13. Ooooh I'm curious.. where did you find this? ~morningstar~
  14. The speaker's cute and all, and I can see putting it in the house, and wiring the house for sound, but I think I'm more interested in the sofa.. where'd you find that cute lil' piece of furniture?
  15. how did you get the green bits to look so realistic?
  16. I keep reading about y'all working on more than one house at a time and the Allison is sitting sweetly in her box under the dining room table, waiting patiently for me to begin working on her. I promised myself I wouldn't work on her until I was nearly finished with the Garfield but I keep looking at her. I don't have wallpaper for her or the electricity, I have stain and paint, but ..... I ... promised I wouldn't work on her until the Garfield is near completion. But I can feel her calling.. I can see her.. she keeps drawing my attention. The Garfield sits there, but the Allison just keeps silently drawing me.... *sigh*... I'm afraid of mixing up the parts. I don't have a lot of room to work on both houses, so I'm concerned about that. I wonder if I start working on her, if there's room to store her under the dining room table, when I'm not working on her..... I still have to get wallpaper, lights, electrical, and whatever else she asks for.... flooring, that's something else too. How do y'all do it? I love the Garfield, but I think the Allison was my first love.. even though she's by comparison a lot smaller. I don't know...Should I? Should I begin working on the Allison? I leave in less than 3 weeks to go to SoCal..I'll be gone for 2 weeks. I don't know if I want to leave her for 2 wks. Or start on her, and not be able to finish her before I leave. With the Garfield, the progress has been so slow, it won't make much difference. But with her, I might get to a spot, where I can't leave, because if I do, I won't remember what I was doing. She didn't take two weeks to assemble the last time, but then I didn't put as much into her as I will this time, however, I have the flooring I bought for the Garfield that she doesn't want.. I can use for her... . Hmm... this changes much. I just need to figure out what wallpaper and get it. Anyone have some leftovers or extras or ideas? <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 ~morningstar~
  17. You're better at it than I am.. sheesh!
  18. ~morningstar~

The Allison arrived!

She is here, though she is missing assembly instructions.