~morningstar~

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Blog Comments posted by ~morningstar~

1. Thank you rbytsdy. I just realized what your letters mean. LOL. Anyway, I'm going to use horizontal clapboard for the exterior treatment. Lining the interior with basswood could work. I was thinking that even though the crack doesn't go all the way through, it might eventually work it's self through?. I am going to put wallpaper on it. Something else I considered was just filling the crack with wood glue. Elmer's wood glue max boasts that it is stronger than wood. I'm wondering if that would hold it together once it dries? It's not a huge crack. I should probably have placed a dime or something next to it to give dimension...I've never run across anything like this before either. My father works with stuff like this and suggested I fill it with wood putty and let it dry. He said the putty would 'heal' the crack and I can paint over it when I'm finished. I'm not real sure about this. When I did the primer part of the process, the crack didn't seem as big, because a lot of the primer got into the crack and seemed to fill it up, so I'm not sure if was just the top layer of the plywood that cracked or what. Thank you for your suggestions!!

~morningstar~

• Like 1
  2. I loved your idea with the lil' bottles and books!!! Pure GENIOUS! You actually gave me some inspiration for mine. :) I'm not going to do Harry Potter, but I do have some thoughts. I love to work with clay so I'll have to pull out the bin that has the fimo in it and start working on it when I have some down time and can't work on the dollhouse. Good thing my son is here, I guess. I'll make him useful! :D

~morningstar~

Daddy looked out the window on the morning I was born, while there were still stars in the sky and said "You, my daughter shall be named 'Morningstar'."