Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Holly
  • Country
    United States
  1. Took the kids trick or treating in the rain(beats snow!!!)and handed out candy to quite a few sopping wet people.Thus ends October.
  2. Alyce REALLy wants her cowbarn.She's already saying make me a nice little Jersey and a unicorn and some guinea hens and planning the muddy barnyard out.It's just plain wonderful sometimes to have such a demanding little muse...
  3. Another night of pouring rain...checking in from the armpit of America
  4. Hi,I built the Westville and added on a small leanto type addition for the bathroom so I could have 2 bedrooms upstairs.The room seemed too big to be a bathroom anyhow and I wanted a children's room.I cut a door opening in the living room for the bath.I have a pull down stairs in the parents room to the attic.The attic is more of a crawl space-you couldn't really have a room up there unless you extended the walls up a little higher.It's really a nice house to build and I love mine-a house I will always keep.It's an old farmhouse in the early 1960's,a little rundown,based on my parents' house and most of the houses I visited back then.
  5. All these great prizes,and then Friday the 13th,too.Will Mom get to try for a White Orchid or will Chrissie be playing computer games all night?Good luck to everyone.Did you see the beautiful Harvest moon when it came up on Sunday night?
  6. The perfect Fall day here-sunny,clear and cool,with all the leaves peaking with their bright reds,yellows and oranges-stained glass trees in Mother Nature's cathedral.Getting a haunted house kit would just add to the day.Good luck to everyone. :lol:
  7. Good luck everyone :hide: wish I knew how to do all those snazzy halloween computer things you all do!
  8. Rocky Horror Picture Show,because a couple of very good friends loved it and got me hooked on it,too.
  9. My kids like watching me work on Alyce's Witch House and they're interested in the tools and paint.My husband thinks it's interesting but he doesn't want it too witchy.The dogs and cat don't care since it isn't edible.It gives me something good to think about instead of dwelling on my problems(I'm getting another liver catheter and bilibag tomorrow).I'm remodeling it very slowly and it's evolving into a really unique item.I hope to have enough progress made to make it worth photographing soon.I enjoy thinking about howto do something and what I have laying around the house that might work.Alyce's House and my abandon Westville are my favorites,and I think the Lily Hotel will be,too,when I build it.Alyce isn't a stereotypical witch(She doesn't wear black and hates black furniture and morbid stuff),Abandon is based on many homes I've been in,and I spent every week for 13 years in divy bars like the Lily Hotel,traveling with a band.
  10. No really young people is what made our local mini club go belly up-I was the "young one" and I'm almost 50!!!I made troll/peewee/kiddles houses out of old bakery boxes and spools,matchboxes,etc as a kid and Velveeta boxes with fabric scraps made pretty hot Barbie beds.It's really hard to get my kids to imagine things like that-they're not even 5 and they want the perfect plastic premade item and think the homemade item is just not as good.My daughter has a good imagination and will design and create things but my son has a harder time.Someone gave me a Greenleaf village and I think I'll have them help me assemble and decorate it this year as a Christmas village and try to get them into the hobby.Let them paint and glitter and glue it and make little trees and hills and people and have fun with it.And not worry if it's not "perfect" and to scale.If they really get into it,I'll order another kit or help them scratchbuild some buildings.We'll probably wind up with a Walmart or McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts or two in the town,but it's going to be their town and what they want in it.
  11. Our local ACMoore is 15 miles one way and is the only local place to carry any mini supplies at all.They opened with a good selection and wiped out the last local mini shop(She said she couldn't sell her RGT kits for 50% off like they can,for instance).Then they cut back their selection to part of one aisle with half a dozen wallpapers,a few colors of carpet,etc.I miss talking to someone else who loves minis,the advise on how to do things,seeing things I want to buy in person,ordering things from Dee's Delights' catalog through her,the handmade OOAK minis she carried,...