jcormuss

Silver Member
  • Last visited

3 Neutral

About jcormuss

Profile Information

• Interests
    Architectural history; reading; travel; animals.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Jane
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,471 profile views
  1. jcormuss

Westville Interior

Thanks! Just wondering where half that furniture has ended up...
  2. jcormuss

Westville

That's a very interesting idea, Selkie.
  3. jcormuss

Inspector Max

Every good dollhouse needs a feline contractor.
  4. jcormuss

Parlor Layout

Such lovely chairs.
  5. jcormuss

Half Scale Chalet

How utterly fabulous!
  6. jcormuss

IMG 7118

How cool is that!
  7. jcormuss

Realife chest

So funny. I have the same chest and was thinking it would be good in the Aster or the Glencroft. Great minds think alike.
  8. You're an inspiration to me! I have the kit, and now I just have to gather the courage having finished my warm-up build of the Aster. Wish me luck!
  9. I am a freelance editor, so I can do my paid work just about anytime of the day or night. When I've done a lot of editing and proofreading, and my brain just plain hurts, it can be relaxing to work into the evening on the minis. I prefer to work on them in the daylight hours, when I can see better, though I am total night owl by nature. My problem-solving skills are much better during the daylight hours, that's for sure!.
  10. Yes, I think it would be, Kathie. Excellent point.
  11. jcormuss

Westville

I built my Westville in the 1990s. Now it's time for some renovations, as the house has been stored and moved several times.
  12. Thanks, everyone. I will keep an eye on eBay. That is dangerous, though, as I always find something else I want! What a shame that model has been discontinued.
  13. At our local True Value hardware store I found a super-glue product called SureHold-Plastic Surgery, which I applied sparingly to the edge of counter top. While holding the curved spigot in place with one hand, I drew masking tape from one edge of the counter surface, over the spigot and across to the other side of the counter surface. Once I was sure the masking tape would hold the spigot in place, and upright, I adjusted its position to be sure that it was straight and placed properly. I left it taped overnight, just to be sure. Removed the masking tape the next morning, et voila! You can barely tell anything was amiss. Thanks for your help!