• Real Name
    Joanne
  • Country
    Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

1,979 profile views
  1. joannie

Moving On

Dear wonderful Greenleaf members - I have been here with you for five years now and have so enjoyed it. This community is full of awesome and inspiring members and I can't thank you all enough for your advice and help over the years. It is time for me to move on now....my miniature world no longer holds the same interests for me and I have been selling/donating my dollhouses and mini supplies. I wish each and every one of you all the best in your mini-endeavours and thank you all so much for letting me be part of this wonderful little world! Sincerely, Joanne
  2. Hi Kate - and welcome to you and your little furbabies! This is THE place to be for help, support and chat for all things mini-related and more. Can't wait to see some pictures of your projects - you don't have to wait until you need help to post pictures....we are a wonderful bunch and can't wait to help out with your addictions projects!
  3. Elisabeth - I am very sorry to hear this. In addition to the damage mice can cause, some also carry viruses that can make you very ill. Please wear gloves and a face mask to protect yourself when you inspect the damage done and if there are droppings left in the houses, you may want to consider disposing of them. I had a mouse make a nest in the trunk of my car and I used a bleach & water solution (50/50) to clean and sanitize it. The odour lingered for months afterwards - I can't imagine what bleach would do to your little houses. Good luck....
  4. Hi Luanne - well I certainly know that feeling! My not-so-current project (Aster Cottage) has been sitting on the shelf half-finished for the last year and I don't plan on getting it done any time soon. Hopefully in the New Year my inspiration will return and I'll get some of these projects done and ready for display.
  5. I have picked up a couple of things for my sweet grandkids and right now, even as I type, in the process of setting up a REAL tree this year! Oh and I made Christmas fruitcake a few weeks ago too!
  6. We have had our share of awful weather lately as well. Lots of snow in the hills and some of our major highways are already experiencing major snowstorms and road closures. I'm in the process of replacing five of my fence panels that were damaged due to Saturday night's windstorm....rainy and windy again today too. I expect old man winter is going to hit us hard this year!
  7. Yes I got this same message this morning...and while I'm really glad it has been looked after, I can't help but wonder how "they" get this information to begin with, and what do they do once they have it???
  8. oh no - hope you feel better soon!
  9. Amy - how beautiful....inspirational and joyful! Thank you so much for sharing!
  10. Thank you Barbara - and hope you had a happy Canada Day! Umm as for the song, I remember (all too well) singing that way back in 1967 (when I was SO young!) at elementary school in honour of Canada's 100th birthday!
  11. wow - what an amazing place - thank you for sharing! I can't imagine the amount of work that went into the design and creation. Not a fan of the kitchen or bathroom and I'm pretty sure there'd be some nights where I'd be wondering "what" was in those trees watching me!!
  12. what a charming house Kathie - good luck on the sale! Sigh...where I live I can't even buy a LOT for that price...
  13. oh Kathy - I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved pet - sending big hugs your way
  14. thank you for sharing!!
  15. Being noise-sensitive certainly has its disadvantages. Clocks ticking in the night just about drive me crazy and for years now I have been complaining about a low-frequency buzz in my home....I have searched every square inch of my house but I cannot determine where it's coming from...