flk01

Silver Member
  • Last visited

0 Neutral

About flk01

Previous Fields

• Country
    United States
  1. No- I was responding to the following comment by Doogster: If you can find it the video (DVD-R, he does them himself, they're not ripped) 'This Little House' by John Pierre (aka One Eyed John) is absolutely the best beginner guide to almost all aspects of dollhouse building, except actually assembling the shell. He covers wiring, siding, shingling, painting, wallpaper, interior trim, flooring, stucco. And he's a great presenter, very comprehansive and understandable, no 'now we jump from step 3 to step 12'. Very highly recommended. anyone know how to find the dvd? Thanks
  2. any clues on where to find "this little House" by John Pierre? No luck googling. Thanks.
  3. Oh, there must be an easier way. It takes about a minute for each picture to upload and i have to type in a message otherwise it won't accept the message. Surely there is a faster way to do this and i am just too dumb to figure it out. Second question- how do I get to the comments in the gallery- i can see that there are two logged in but i can't figure out how to view them. Thanks for the help.
  4. yes, i qualify- but i can't seem to find the directions on how to do this? screen blindness?
  5. Stain first!!!!!! I glued stained sticks in patterns with tacky glue to oaktag (posterboard) cut to fit floor and then laid floor in house, securing with quarter round at base and not gluing to floor at all; so i could change flooring later if I wanted. The floors fit so well, that even the quarter round really isn't needed to secure them..
  6. I have read with interst about others' progress on their Garfields. Some of you put pix here, but not too many, and most of you have links to other webpages where you have posted. I'd be happy to put mine up (for help as well as kudos- this group is so kind i know you'll never critici ze, no matter what you are really thinking) but don't have much time or energy to do so. Is there an easy one- two- three way to do this?
  7. help- I bought two table lamps in germany and before I plug them into my house, I want to be sure the light bulbs can handle our AC current. I tried removing them to substitute US bulbs, but the thread size is different. Does anyone know if the AC/DC difference is going to be a problem or if it is moot because of the transformer? Thanks for your help and if you prefer, reply to me at vsybert@hotmail.com
  8. I bought two electrified lamps in Berlin. The bulbs have different size screw in bases than the ones in my US lamps. Does it matter that we are AC and europe is DC ? Will these light bulbs work since the current will be coming through the transformer? I'd rather know ahead of time than blow the bulbs. Thanks
  9. to the cullens:the garfield. I'm mostly a lurker here- thisis my first house and it is a slow process. I've gotten great help from reading others' queries.
  10. may I echo the kudos for the Greenleaf staff. The man I talked to at the company after I had painted my trim before punching it out, which resulted in its being impossible to punch out (ok- i thought it would be more efficient. i forgot that wood swells with moisture!) was a total sweetheart- didn't laugh at me, didn't sigh with disbelief and gave me a break on replacement cost (I think there was a markdown for idiocy that week). I was completely stunned at the human touch. And very very pleased.
  11. I have surfed the web and come up with two sites- Jim's and jennifer's- both have great choices, but not what i am looking for. Can anyone save me more hours of hunting for a wallpaper pattern of bathroom tiles with a border of diamond tiles (to complement the store bought faux-tile linoleum floor? Would appreciate any help. Thanks, flk01